Chocolate Basil? Still seaching 2

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Well it really does take so long to get down to the bottom of this thread!!!

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

well, welcome to the Chocolate Basil thread...be prepared for " Bigfoot " and his friends....and don't take anything too awfully seriously except the quest for Chocolate Basil !!!! ( oh ~ and "Vort" is not to be trusted either)
mj rides again..........

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Thanks Pensacola, It was getting a little hard to get to.
mjs, I never thought i'd say this but dang i miss VORT
Maybe we all ought to get together and buy into one of his schemes,So he can get another puter.LOL I bet bigfoot is missing everyone of us. I can just see the sadness in those big brown eyes.I bet he's losing weight from grief.
Course he could have gotten mad at VORT and had him for dinner!!!
I'm off to google chocolate basil again. Anyone have a different idea what to google?

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Bigfoot needs support from all of his friends--He is in deep dark depression.

His restaurant that served BBQ'd Roly pollys failed.
His trip to the Ozarks finally ended with he and Ms. Bear getting a divorce. (She did not like the fact that he went to North Carolina.)
Then his trip to NC, to try and check out that reported sighting of a blond Sasquatch, ended in failure.
(He found out that the guy that reported the sighting had previously slipped and fallen into his own moonshine vat.)
So, being a failure at love, he decided to retreat to a cave and work on the more intellectual theories he has had in the back of his mind.
He has especially wanted to "out do" Alfonzo Gore and without a doubt I think he has accomplished that.

He told me that he has discovered the worst pollutant on Planet Earth:
It's known by various names:

Hydroxylic acid
DHO
DHMO
Dihydrogen monoxide

It has been found in every stream, creek, pond, lake and river on earth.
I personally suspect it might even have polluted the oceans.
It is in everyone's home.
It is in every raindrop that falls to earth
Prolonged exposure, in its solid form, causes severe tissue damage.
It is found in the most popular fire retardant
It is a waste product of all nuclear plants.
It has caused more environmental erosion then any other chemical ever
It is extremely addictive and withdrawal after just a few days results in 100% death.
It severely rusts any ferrous metal.
It is the major component of acid rain.
It is the major "Greenhouse gas"
Contamination has now reached epidemic and irreversible proportions!

On his way home he detoured thru New England and then around to the East coast (that's the one on the left) and collected 800,000 signatures of Ivy league scientist, teachers and "groovy" citizens to ban this substance immediately.

He came home so excited by the fact that he might be able to sell DHMO offsets or could "cap and trade" Hydroxylic acid.

I did not have the heart to tell him it was commonly known as "water"

just give me a Jack and Water with a twist of chocolate basil and I'm good................

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Forgot to add--inhalation for 39 seconds causes certain death

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Sorry mjs-the water has been outlawed --it will have to be straight Jack

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Never ever thought that I would miss Cando, mjs, Pensacola, et al Even that
Critter gal

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

And Celene

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I've been camping and going back.
Happy 4th of July!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

So, you "even" missed that Critter gal? I'm touched. Eh, probably I'm tetched, but there's no need to go there, LOL.

I've barely been able to get out to the garden at all this summer, so if there's any chocolate basil out there it's pretty much overgrown by the weeds. I did manage to pinch back my Italian basil last week for a yummy pesto pasta.

I've given Joyanna leaves from every kind of basil I'm growing this year, and she loves them all, even the really strong tasting Clove Basil. Can you imagine her reaction to Real Chocolate Basil? I'm keeping up the search! :-)

Columbus, OH

I'm here! We're opening a new veterinary emergency clinic, and it has consumed all of my time lately. I'm making a coffee cake to take with me and leaving for work again in a bit. This has not deterred me from the hunt for CB, though.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sprigs of CB would be the perfect finishing touch on top of your coffee cake! Guess you may have to settle for nasturtiums... or maybe a big hibiscus or lily bloom stuck into the hole (if you're using a bundt pan).

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

We are all in deep trouble now. Bigfoot just got back from North Carolina and brought that good looking blond Sasquatch with him. She has a taste for CB and he promised her all she could ever eat!!!! Rascal
She is kinda cute though.

Thumbnail by VORTREKER
POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Report--my 2010 Chocolate Basil crop

Thumbnail by VORTREKER
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

There goes your CB crop. even tho it looks like stacked sweet potatoes. If she's a dumb blonde, She'll never know the difference anyway.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Everyone please put critterologist on their prayer list

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Vor.

That was a little cryptic, though, so I'd like to add... don't panic. :-) I've been diagnosed with breast cancer, but I'm getting great medical care and even better support from friends & family. I have no doubt that I'll be just fine.

I do have to say, though, that the chemo is cutting into my time this summer for searching nurseries and vacant lots for that elusive chocolate basil!

I don't want to derail this fun thread... I'm posting updates & chat on this thread in the prayer forum: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1109498/

Columbus, OH

Critter, if you want a little reiki sent your way, let me know :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Reiki energy, prayer, good thoughts... everything helps! Thanks.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Count on some from me critter.
Vickie

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks!

So... those who have been mulching their basil with cocoa shells... can you taste a hint of chocolate in those plants? The flavor of herbs does vary with soil and other growing conditions, so I'm not entirely kidding about some flavor difference being possible, although it might take a good imagination to help that chocolate flavor shine through...

?

Shoot, if that will help, I'll dump a whole can of Hersey's Coco powder in the soil !

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Cando,
"Stacked sweet potatoes????"
You have finally "crossed the line"
Do not ever dare to camp out in Texas again.
Chef Bigfoot just introduced his new girlfriend to grilled Razoback smothered in chocolate basil sauce with pieces and parts of fried Vickie on the side slowly smoked on the tailgate of an old Dodge tailgate from Florida.
He is working on replacing the razorback entree' with Pink Flamingo campers.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Dearest VORT, am so sorry but the chef did'nt get but a tiny bit of me. That baby chef better be careful using a Dodge Tailgate from Florida. It might have oil balls on it.
I 've been camping in the wilds of Alabama. Came across this other beautiful blonde Sasquatch. She had been staying with this wise old Native American woman. This woman had taught her many things about the nature of the natural world including how to find the chocolate basil.
So this poem is written by an Anonymous Blonde Sasquatch.

"Where to Find Chocolate Basil"

Along those roads of yellow brick
Where poppies blue grow lush and thick.
Where spotless,thornless roses grow With grass you never need to mow.
Where buffalo roam wild and free Beneath a dwarf Sequoia tree
On mountains where the fairies dwell In a swamp that is'nt called "Green H*ll"
Where a gardener is pure of heart And does'nt ever sweat or fart. Where politicians speak the truth And garden poets are not uncouth.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I see you're all still at it - lol...

Speaking of Sasquatch...

http://www.messinwithsasquatch.com/

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Think thats VORTs site.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'm thinking you're on to something there...

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

That is not my site!!!
It is my buddy's site. He got a little PO at not receiving credit.
Really neat poem Cando

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Well gee whiz, I'll give him credit right now. How about 50 cents credit. He can pay me back next month.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Is that locakelly or loco kelly? :)
Ever notice how close the color of Sasquatch is to the color of a medium chocolate?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Since I'm a girl, I guess that would make me loca kelly...

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

cando--I have told you before--"never ever trust a Sasquatch" especially with credit.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

La vida loca? Kelly?

Columbus, OH

Livin' la vida cocoa?

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL Celene

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Now VORT! Is'nt that you i'm not supposed to trust with credit. As much as i respect and admire you, I would not loan you 50 cents. Nor would i buy that prime New Orleans sandy beach land you offered.
Should you ever be really,really hungry, I would send you some good ole razorback porkchops to bar-b-que. Should you be really,really homeless. I have a big tarp you could throw over a picnic table. Should you really really lose your shirt, I have an honorary Hillbilly T-shirt. I'd give you. Should you really really get sick, My black cat and I could fix you up with a potent spell (Same for love sickness) Should you really really land in jail, Sasquatch,ms bear, the blondies and the razorback football team and I will show up in a large tank and tear the place down.
Loan you 50 cents???????? I don't think so!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Woohooo! I just got a fun surprise from Vortreker -- some neat pepper seeds.

Thanks, Vor!

But, alas, the chocolate basil seeds that he surely enclosed must have fallen out of the envelope along the way. *sniffle sob*

You didn't entrust that envelope to Bigfoot to mail, did you?

Columbus, OH

I made chocolate candles today and was sorely tempted to add basil essential oil. I was worried that they'd attract Sasquatches and Bigfeet and the like, and that would just freak the dogs out.

I'll be back, computer's been down for a few day's and judging from the excellent posts I'll need to get back in the( chocolate) sauce...........but must catch up on the not so fun stuff...........errrrrrrrr , and my Dodge is still the best dar&....da%^....truck around. As is my Big Black Horse.............Seeeeee yaaaaaa !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.