Ripley, MS

This is a small flower, but I do love it

When My Sweetheart Returns

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

The tag is lost on this one too

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

the last bloom on Mayfair Season--I wanted you to look at all the bloom scars, it has had so many blooms this season, it was one of the first bloom and one day had 9 blooms on it at once !
It first bloomed on May 27th here and has the last bloom today June 21st

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010 12:08 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra could your lost tag one be Classic Edge.

Ripley, MS

No I don't think so, I have had it a while and that name does not sound familiar to me.
It does not have the double edge, that Classic Edge does either. I know I would know the name if I hear it--it has been here several years.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I realized while re working my bed that I have lost my Classic Edge....... not sure where I got it but I think it might have been one that I got at KA......but it is gone. Not sure what happened to it, just had a tag and NO SIGN of a plant!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra here is my Classic Edge. I got it from Cindy in Oct. It looks a lot like it to me.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Ripley, MS

Yes, mine does favor yours
check out this picture of Classic Edge
http://intheneighborhooddaylilies.com/catalog.php?item=66

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I've been out-of town at my daughter's house for a few days--just got back today. Seems I missed a lot while I was away--Bonnie's, Kenny's, Jim's visit to KA and Kim, etc. Ya'll could have stopped by here if I had been home and I would have gone to Kim's with you! LOL I've missed too much to comment on but I do want to say to Charlotte that I am sorry about your neighbor. I know that must have been quite an experience for the rest of you neighbors!

It was about 10 degrees cooler in Harrison where my daughter lives than it is down here. 90F seems a lot cooler than 100F! LOL It's too hot to go out and take pictures but I did get this one with the telephoto lens from my front porch just now without having to get out in the sun. This is the phlox that Sandra gave me--I don't think it has a name, does it, Sandra? Also, the white "David" phlox you gave me is blooming but I will wait until later this evening when the sun starts going down to get out and take anymore photos.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2010 6:18 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Ripley, MS

I don't know the name of the purple one--I am glad it is blooming for you, I originally got mine from one of Judy's sisters.
The white one is David
Glad you are back Marilyn, I missed you !

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

So many wonderful pictures and yes I too am so far behind that I cannot comment on them all. This seems to have been an outstanding year for all of you in Miss and Ark. I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's gardens. Next year when you post again we can see how much they have changed by nature or human hands.

Kathy Ann and Bonnie this is the bloom to the swamp lily I gave you. It is blooming here now. See how the foliage stands up. I love it for the beautiful foliage.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

My Rattle box tree is sporadically blooming again. Just love this tree and can't believe it made it through all those days below 20 degrees.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

a couple of lilies blooming

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I can't remember who gave me this hardy glad. I love it. Maybe it was Terrye.

Kim I lost most of Atom but I do have a few and will share with you. He bloomed in April but maybe I can find the foliage.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I also have Sandra's beautiful phlox blooming.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

The birds planted this jewel for me.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

this is a cull I bought at a local hybridizers clump sale for only three bucks..THE WHOLE CLUMP! One man's cull....another woman's treasure

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

this one has a name and I know it starts w"A" but that's the best my poor tired brain can come up with

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

tall garden phlox Miss Candy

Thumbnail by bigred
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Boy, cindy, you and Peggy were certainly up early this morning! I was awake at 4 a.m. but refused to get out of bed until about 5. I went outside about 6 a.m. and did some watering and took some photos. I'll start with this daylily which came to me from Cindy. This is Minnie Morgan--my mother's maiden name was Morgan so this is a favorite for me. :o))
Thanks, Cindy!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is Eye Declare from Kathy Ann.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Graceland from Cindy

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is Black Cherry, a rose which Buddy and I bought in 2007. It is being crowded out by the daylilies and iris so I will need to move it this Fall.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Shasta Daisies from Cindy

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Lady Diana from Bonnie

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Torch Lily--this one came from Kathy Ann and is just now blooming. I have five others that Buddy and I bought in 2007--those have already bloomed.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

white "David" phlox from Sandra--it was falling over so I had to prop it up on the purple coneflower

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Coconut Lime and Tomato Soup echies

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

tall pink phlox from Kim

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Bright Eyes phlox from Kathy Ann; orange milkweed in background
Kathy Ann, did I read on one of your posts that you lost your Bright Eyes? If so, I will replace it for you this Fall.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oranges & Lemons Gaillardia--I bought this one but I have a couple of others which Sandra and Kathy Ann have given me. That is a butterfly bush from Kathy Ann in the left background.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

some kind of daisy--it is beneath the Shasta Daisy but it is a different plant--I have lost the tag.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

a closer view of the "different daisy"

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

wildflowers in the neighbor's yard--her husband has been in Afghanistan for six months--he'll be home on Friday! Hooray! :o))

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

tiger lily

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and one more: Nanho Blue butterfly bush from Kathy Ann

Thumbnail by marsue
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It's so hot and miserable out there, I thnk I"ll just enjoy ya'll's flowers LOL I have a few lilies blooming out there.

That lily looks kind of like a peruvian lily cindy it's pretty, is that what it is?

i've been pullin g and yanking mints in the flower gardens and pulling up the cerise queen yarrow next, to give me some planting room out there in the sun garden. Mints don't bloom or at least I don't let them bloom and they are taking up way too much room.

I have huge holes out there now!! planting room! LOL

love your tiger lily shot marilyn.

Oh no, didn't loos e the bright eyes, it' s huge, just was questioning weather it was really called bright eyes though, doesn't look much like it when I look up bright eyes phlox in the net. Kim said it looked alot like omega phlox. I think it was a no namer when I received it, but sure is one of my best phloxes.

my david is falling over too, I think it's getting pushed by the louisiana irises though LOL it's crowded out there, it's a flower eat flower world ha ha

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, KA!! So you are saying that my Bright Eyes might not be Bright Eyes, either? I'll have to look up the Omega phlox.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful photos Marilyn..... glad you were able to get out early before it gets unbearable out there! Love that bright eyes or whatever its name is ....... Marilyn, will my Minnie Pearl Phlox bloom again or is it finished? each little stalk bloomed but I thought it might bloom again but I wasn't sure...........??

Also, should I deadhead my bee balm? if so, how far should I cut it off........ and will my penstemon bloom again if I deadhead it?? I am not sure what will rebloom and what will not.....

Thanks !
Genna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL, someone id'd that as bright eyes, so it might be, it just doesn't look like it to me.

i never remember receiving omega though I do remember a bright eyes years ago. i'm getting old and names are getting harder for me to keep up with.

sorry about that ;0)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.