Plant I.D. f rom Steve's garden

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

This is from Steve's garden. Anyone know what this is? Karen said it gets blue flowers.

Thumbnail by Gwendalou
Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Another view.

Thumbnail by Gwendalou
Redmond, WA

A lamium of some kind?

Redmond, WA

Looks a bit like heliopsis 'helhan' but that has yellow flowers:

http://www.google.com/images?q=heliopsis+helhan

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I think it must be the heliopsis. I may have misheard when she said the color of the flower.

Thanks!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Gwen, I was pretty sure she said blue also, but that definitely looks like it!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

That was my first thought (Heliopsis), but it didn't have blue flowers. We'll have to check in with her again . . .

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Sorry guys for not knowing the perenials. I can only remember so much. When I planted the origional garden I knew most but now the garden is so large and Karen and I don't talk the names. Just the blue flower in the " Lynn" etc bed. Most of the trees have family names and we use those.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm sure I recognized it right away, as it's a favorite of mine: Heliopsis "Loraine Sunshine." I had one for several years, but lost it in the Big Seattle Snow of 2008-2009. Replaced it just a few weeks ago. (This is the old one, of course, in July, 2007.)

Thumbnail by jeeem
Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome, jeeem. Nice to have you here. That's the nicest stand of Heliopsis I've seen up here in the PNW. Whereabouts in Seattle are you?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, katie: I'm in Wedgwood. Wish I'd had room for about a dozen rain barrels this last winter/spring. I've got two hooked together -- and with all the planting and transplanting I've been doing, reorganizing the island beds in my back yard, they're getting perilously low, with high temps (at last) and no sign of replenishment in sight!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I lived in Wedgewood for awhile. I was just up from Lake City Way where it leaves Lake City. It's a beautiful neighborhood and I loved it there.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Small world - I grew up in Lake City (around the corner from the old Ostrums mushroom factory) and had an aunt in Wedgewood. Lovely old neighborhood, I hope it has retained its charm.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.