Skin fungal infection

I don't want to gross anyone one out but I need some help. I have a rash on both of my underarms. The doctor says it is a fungal infection. I thought it was going away but it keeps coming back. I have been on a prescription cream for two weeks. It was almost gone and it came back again. I am eating lots of yogurt and have put plain yogurt on my underarms. I have also put vinegar on the rash.

I think the prescription cream is just keeping the area moist. There is a thick "scab" on one of my underarms. So I sort of feel like the medicine is not getting to the skin.
I usually use a powder that is has a base of corn starch. I just thought that maybe corn starch isn't that good when dealing with a fungal infection. So for the last few days I've stopped using the corn starch.

I don't know if I should use my deoderant before I apply anything or after.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Loretta

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!