What are some of your favorite combinations?

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

For those of you who know how to post pictures of your flowers, please post your favorite combinations.

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

This was my first year for my baptisia to bloom; I planted a small start last year and this is what I ended up with this spring. It is in front of yellow forrestii iris and it just looked so pretty I had to take a picture of it. It was totally unexpected which made it even nicer. I just loved the combination with the daisies in there as well.

Di

Thumbnail by janaestone
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes indeed.Baptisias are really big and showy.
Thisis my favorite yesterday.Today is another story.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Here is the whole enchilada,I just cant pick a fave.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/GardenSecnesJune18

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Personally, I think of color combinations as much as plant combinations. Here's a current combination of Sweet William (variety unknown) with "Pink Double Delight" Echinacea, "Spirit Frost" Cleome and "Dreamtime Jumbo White" Strawflower.

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats a beauty.Love those echies.

Two gaillardias mixed together.

Two gaillardias mixed together....."Sunburst Burgundy Silk" and "Mesa Yellow"

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OH! OH! oH.I wish I had the soil for them.Those are great.

What's wrong with the soil there when it comes to Gaillardia? My parents grow them, as perennials, in Upstate NY in zone 5b.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We have clay and rocks

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Clay and rocks here as well...and I can't get gaillardias to grow at all. It drives me crazy because I love them so much.

ge, what is the big-leaved plant with a purple/maroon tint in the back of westgarden (picture9)?

I'm so jealous, amoure, my pink double-delight didn't come back this year. I think it's just spectacular.

Even if you amend the soil with garden soil and peat moss they won't grow? You wouldn't have to do the whole garden, just a small section down to a foot deep. Have to amend all the soil here, because its mostly sand. Sorry to hear your "Pink Double Delight" didn't come back. I lose a few coneflowers every year. Another nice coneflower mix is "Pink Double Delight" with "Coconut Lime". The pink and lime green combination is very nice.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

janaestone! the big leafed plants are Ligularias "Desdemona"

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Mums, roses, sedums, rain lilys

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats pretty

Very nicely done. It looks great.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank You...it's ever changing! *LOL* depends on what new plants I get *S* sometimes they find themselves in the raised bed for a short time till I find them a home.

I can relate to that.....It's called Florida gardening. There's no downtime and dormant period, so it's a 12 month of the year thing.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

It's addictive!! **LOL**

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.