Just share

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Here is my Pterodiscus aurantiacus in first time blooming.I am very happy.
I want to share with you
I have received this plant from USA 5 months ago.
This plant is in Partial shade.and growing very well.

Yasir

Thumbnail by cactus_lover
FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Closeup of the bloom.

Yasir

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

View of whole plant.

Yasir

Decatur, GA

Thanks Yasir.
I love the color. Congratulations!
Helen
PS.Did you cut the top off the original plant? How tall is the main truck? Thanks.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have not heard of this plant before. The flower color and fuzzy texture are terrific. I will need to try one I think.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

You can get them from Arid Lands: http://www.aridlands.com/ He has none listed right now, but I know he has them because I bought some from him last year.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hey, M., I checked Arid Lands and on July 7 they added Pterodiscus aurantiacus (the white flowered and the gold like Yasir's)! Talk about timing, I'm going to order them both.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey, great! What a deal! The ones I got from them fit in 3" pots and were nice little plants.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Very Nice! I may have to get some of my own, when the dust settles from moving the kids indoors in the winter.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Well, I got my Pterodiscus aurantiacus from Arid Lands and potted it up. It lost all its leaves but is growing nice new ones now. I hope mine flowers like Yasir's.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Thanks for Everyone for your comments.
NancySLAZ, i hope your plant growing well and flowers soon.

Yasir

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Just an update on my gold Pterodiscus aurantiacus. Today I noticed it has a bud coming! I am so happy! I'll take a picture when it opens.

Yardley, PA

Really pretty flower.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Thanks SallyD.

I have seeing your plants all are beautiful and pretty rare.

Yasir

Yardley, PA

Thanks Yasir, They are a real joy I have to tell you. I just love looking at them.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Well, my flower opened and it is such a pretty color!

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Yardley, PA

That is really pretty Nancy.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sally, this is one I was thinking of switching to s-h when I get my starter set. It's a young plant I just got this summer and I'd love it to grow quickly and have lots of flowers!

Yardley, PA

After I saw how pretty yours was, I was just looking to get one. Luckily, I couldn't find any! lol. I will, sooner or later. Neat plant.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Here you go:
http://www.aridlands.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Pterodiscus+aurantiacus+&x=55&y=10

Arid lands is where I got mine. I'm not an enabler, not me! They say they are small pachycauls and I think small is good!

Yardley, PA

I checked there and they don't have mail order available of the plant right now. Just at their store, darn it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.