talavera tiles

Bolingbrook, IL(Zone 5a)

My husband and I collect Talavera dishes - part of our kids inheritance :) The place where we bought it is in Door County and she told me that they had broken alot of dishes on the way home from Mexico where they buy them. I was eager to see the pieces and she said she had thrown them away!! I was shocked!!! After explaining the deal to her, I looked on E-bay for some. There they were, just waiting for me to buy them. The tiles are reasonable - the shipping is expensive. I bought ten pounds so now I am lookimng for a piece to put them on. I have made stepping stones before but staying outside in the winter just destroyed it. I was sad but the lesson was learned. They idea of using paving blocks from the hardware store never occurred to me so thanks for the idea.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!