Ground Hog in a tree

Baylis, IL(Zone 6a)

Earlier this spring. My best friend Targ discovered this ground hog snooping around the yard. A chase ensued and to my suprise this ground hog climbed a tree as well as any squirell. The first time I had seen this happen!

Thumbnail by gailelaine
Marlton, NJ

That is funny, I've never seen mine climb a tree!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I'm very surprised to see this. I had a lot of them when I lived in Ohio, but never saw one climb a tree. Cute picture!

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

What a great photo, and that groundhog looks like he's wondering just how he'll get down!

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

Glad you got a shot - never thought they'd climb a tree!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I've never seen that happen either, but learned from a Mrs-Ed last year, that they do climb. Nice picture of it.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Great picture of the little devil, to bad they didnt live in tree's, my garden would be very happy LOL
Christine

Sandusky, OH

Normally they climb tree's to look for danger, never seen one go up a tree because of danger...corner a Ground Hog and your in for a fight you may lose.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I have seen them climb trellis's & fences to get eat the plants grown on them, but I never thought that they would climb trees!

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

I have about 20 you can have to put up there with that one .

I must say i have Never seen one in a tree in my life .

nor has my neighbor i copied the photo and printed it and tookit to him he laugh so hard he cryed he is 62 said that was his first ever.

Thank You
Sarge

Baylis, IL(Zone 6a)

Well Thanks for the offer, but we are well supplied out here. They sheared my sister in laws flower garden, she is not happy. Glad you liked the pic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.