USA Veggie Seed Swap For Canadian Variety Veggie Seed

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Hello Guy and Gals,

I like to try different kinds of veggies and I was wondering what you all grew over there in your garden for veggies . Any photos & seed description of what they are. We might try to do some trading.

Sarge

Here's my Little Garden here in USA

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

any one for veggie seed swappen

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates
Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

Hi Sarge. My DH is in charge of the vegetable patch. He bought packets of seed from the local garden center, and just followed the instructions on the packets. We're pretty new at growing vegetables. I prefer flowers, and DH never had time to garden until he retired.

The first year, he planted pole beans. We had a drought, and picked about 3 beans. The next year, he planted corn, zucchinis, and tomatoes. The raccoons ate the corn, an early frost killed the tomatoes, but we had so many zucchinis I never wanted to see another one on my plate and was throwing them onto the compost heap. This year, he's planted tomatoes, brussels sprouts, and carrots. The carrot seed hasn't come up, but the brussels and tomato plants seem to be growing OK.

Is Sparta near Crossville, TN? We have a buddy who moved to Crossville and he lives on Sparta Hwy.

June

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

June ,

Yes it sure is you hit it on the head small world .;0) i dont do the brussels sprouts however the wife and kids do it is a good winter crop here i guess i could try them for their sake even though i dont like them lol

Sarge

one of your
other folks from ou that way is sending me a bout a pound of seed should be here some time today i'am excited to see what is in there .

there are about 30 kind lol supprize pack

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

Glad to hear you have seeds on the way, Sarge! I hope you have a great crop of whatever you're sowing.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

OH June Most of what is on my want list is about to be convetret to have list except a few that are from the other countrys havent got them yet atthe end of this season i'll have them Woooo HOOO. He he he .;)

Sarge

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hey Sarge
Winter growing here means Icicles and snow balls. You gave me a chuckle with the winter growning thing!!
I can suggest a tomatoe called Sun Gold it is the sweetest small tomatoe ever. T and M seeds sell them and they are a bit more expensive than regular but last year mine grew to about 11 feet and I rtrellised them along a string instead of straight up. Kept producing until they froze.
Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.