Question for big Big BIG! dog owners

Brownville, NY(Zone 4a)

Here's my problem:

We have a large fenced in back yard, and the smaller dogs and the ducks roam freely. The larger dog (our poor Jett had to be put down) Gannon, a 100 lb husky, was until recently in a large kennel. We have to take the kennel down and do some repairs to the area to put up a bigger, better kennel. In the meantime, we have to come up with a way to tie-out Gan. Letting him run in the backyard is out of the question - he's killed ducks and cats before, and jumped on my poor little dog, Daisy, when he was trying to play. There aren't any trees big enough to anchor him to, the house and the garage he'd just tear up if we tried to tie him to that. He is a strong boy - in his sled training, he's been pulling me around on a small ATV, and I'm not eaxactly feather lite! : )

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Gan can't stand being in the house, which is where he is now...and driving me nuts! LOL

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!