Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver

Plano, TX

I am just loving this book-by author of Poisonwood Bible--and I love all the attention to the natural world and how all of the plants and animals have a balance --they are all affected by the loss of any plant or any insect or animal--but i think this would be a better review

Barbara Kingslolver's fifth novel is a hymn to wildness that celebrates the prodigal spirit of human nature, and of nature itself. It weaves together three stories of human love within a larger tapestry of lives amid the mountains and farms of southern Appalachia. Over the course of one humid summer, this novel's intriguing protagonists face disparate predicaments but find connections to one another and to the flora and fauna with which they necessarily share a place."
From the back of the book--

i think it is a gardeners dream book!

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!