Monday morning surprizes

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

I go out to pick up the newspaper from driveway, and I see the first bloom from my Red oriental poppy that I WS this winter. Yeh! Then there's the liatris that huggergirl sent me that popped out yesterday, Silene that Barbara R from Va. sent me that I WS. It is a pretty pink. Do they come in other colors? The BES are about ready to bloom, as one of my bee balm that Cristiane gave me. I see an white Easter Lily about to bloom. It is planted in front or very close to the Westerplatte clematis. I think it is one that I bought home from church that was going to be thrown in the dumpster back in 2009. Surprize! surprize! Need to find space for yellow sedum that daughter bought over on Saturday. I had given her some back in 1994 or 1995 to get her started. It has taken over her one flowerbed and needed dividing badly. I asked for a small hunk: she digs that large hunk up, cramms it into a box and dumps it on me.. I won't be able to use it all, so may have to put it in yard waste bag. There's more where that came from. Once it is started, it spreads quickly but can be controlled. I used to use it as a border and behind it I used Red Geraniums and deep purple petunias in one flowerbed by the screened in porch at previous home and it really made a stunning statement. Do you have any nice surprizes in your flowerbeds this morning that you'd like to tell us about?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.