Open apology to everyone

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have made an error and need to clearify.
In 2007 we moved to this house. It has a wonderful deck and as I moved many containers from my old house it was possible to arrange a nice garden on the deck.
In 2008 I sent an order to Rosy Dawn for many different coleus and planted the 13 containers profusly.
One container was planted with both Watermelon and Elfers.
By the end of the summer my 71 year old brain couldnt remember which was what.
I harvested a few coleus in early September, for over winter cuttings and took what I thought was "Watermelon" cuttings.
When 2009 came and these cuttings performed so well I took more that year,labled them Watermelon and never questioned the choice.
This thread for Watermelon id,came up so I wanted to help and posted my picture of the cuttings I have had for 2 seasons.

The questioning about the validity of my ID,made me ponder this all afternoon.
I went back to my picture and RosyDawn website to see if Elfers looked like my Watermelon and sure enough the leaves are the same although the coloring describes byRD is different.
It appears I have been showing Elfers as Watermelon for some time now.
My apologies to everyone.
This is my pix of my plant"Watermelon" and RD pix of Elfers.
What do you think?

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no need to apologize... happens to the best of us... but if they come with that tag... and that's what we know it as... that's what it is... but sorry to say I have never had either... not much help

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

They were tagged correctly from RD.I
I got them mixed up when I took the cuttings and just called Elfers Watermelon because I forgot Elfers was in the same tub.
Tra-la-la-la

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and that happens too.. LOL

:)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Allison. I am a Capricorn ,first child with an enlarged responsability gene.
Things just have to be right with us.

Dear sweet lady,
You didn't need to apologize for a mistake "everyone", except Chris (???) has made at one time or another!
You cannot imagine how adamant I was about "Dark Star".
I had ordered Dark Star and that's how GHW had labeled what turned out to be Inky Fingers.
I never ordered from GHW again!
Coleus are being hyberdized and many times very confusing.
We are ever so fortunate to have one of the best Coleus Hyberdizers helping us.
Here is the Baker's Acres on line catalog.
Don't expect any plant pictures, just people and dogs. However do read it, Chris is quite the wit!
http://www.bakersacresgreenhouse.com/documents/BakersAcres2010.pdf
CC

Alexandria, OH(Zone 5b)

GE,

Fuhgeddaboudit!

Chris

Elfers

Thumbnail by goodoldbake
Alexandria, OH(Zone 5b)

Oops. Sorry for that crappy pic. Here's a better one.

Thumbnail by goodoldbake
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Mine goes all red when in the sun.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

ge1836.....I call my kids by the wrong name, lol....They've survived all these years. NO biggy! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.