Too much rain!!!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

How are you all dealing with the incredible amount of rain we've been getting? Thankfully, my veggie garden is elevated and since the soil is more on the sandy side it drains well. My flower bed is raised so it's doing OK too. We put in a new bed that is just soaked. I've replanted seeds and now wonder if they aren't going to rot in the wet soil. I hope it stops soon.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

What rain?

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Let's see. You live in Allen Park, Michigan so here's your forecast. You mean to say you haven't had any rain in the last month or so?

Early This Evening
Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Temperatures around 82. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 65 to 69. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Sunday
Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 83 to 87. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph...turning to west. Chance of rain 50 percent.
» ZIP Code Detail
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 65 to 69. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Monday
Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 75 to 79. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
» ZIP Code Detail
Monday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows 58 to 62.
Tuesday
Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 75 to 79. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 5b)

My soil is really funky. The perennials and annuals in sandy soil have been going like gang-busters! The area where I have some tomato plants and a few hot and sweet peppers are in soil with a lot of clay (which I have been amending for several years) and are doing, well, squat. I pulled up a tomato plant from the clayish soil that looked healthy, but hadn't produced a new leaf in two weeks. The roots were rotted, which I expected. I bought a new tomato plant and planted it in a whiskey barrel I have, and so far so good!

Kalamazoo, MI

Black spot on roses and powdery mildew on bee balm. :(

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

yea powdery mildew here to on the bee balm...:( I bought some bayer stuff to treat everything...

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I think the worse is over. Heat is on the way for a week or better. That should help dry up the fields and hopefully I'll be able to finish mowing around the pond. It will probably be July before I can mow the paths through the woods.

The veggie garden is looking good after DH weeded in there with the scuffle hoe. Got blooms on the maters and squash and zuchhini. I even have blueberries on my bushes for the first time! Some of the seeds I thought rotted have popped up. I think they're pumpkin seeds. I forget now where we planted different seeds. :)

Today I'm spraying all the fruit trees. I want to get that out of the way before the heat comes.

Now to have some time for everything to dry out some.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.