Interest thread for a "scrap swap" 5" charm or larger??

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Reading about some of the yard sale ideas for stash sale etc, it occurred to be that it might be fun to organize some kind of fabric swap for our smaller scraps. I think it could work under the same kind of rules as the "Pick your Block swap" with each person declaring the colors they want and what they have to offer. THEN you set up the trade. What do you ladies think? Should I start someone thing like that?

IE: something like ...
1. PLEASE make sure the fabric is 100% cotton If in doubt, don't use it.
2. Do not use any spray starch on blocks, spray sizing is OK.
3. Selvage edges should be cut off prior to cutting for blocks
4.DECLARE what kind of swap you will consider.... Only 5" charm blocks? Fat quarter? or yard for yard? Irregular shapes as long as I can get at least "you fill in the blank" size blocks cut from it.
5. If you are not in the address exchange it is your responsibility to d-mail your address to anyone you set up a swap with.

What do you think? It would be kind of place to set up the trades, not quite like the quilt swaps we generally do. I thought it in part because I have been given 2 boxes of fabric and some of it is not a color I generally use. I'll bet other quilters would though.

We would like to see pictures of your trades!

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!