How to convert hard plastic kiddie pool into keyhole garden?

Bremerton, WA

I 'inherited' a hard plastic kiddie pool from a neighbor and want to make a keyhole garden with it. It's the kind of pool with a built-up seat and step, rather than being just a round pool. I want to cut out that built up area plus a little more to have a path to the center of the pool. Oops, my only saw is the small gardening kind so I'll have to borrow one. Only, duh, I don't know what I need to do the job. Any ideas? Thanks, Annie

PS Please be descriptive. The only thing I know about saws is they have teeth. I guess whatever I borrow better have an operator to go with it.

Butterfly and Helln, I hope you read this. See where our discussion of lasagna gardening has led? Right now this pool is filled with all that sod I dug out for my veggie beds. I'm thinking that sod, laid grass side down, will make a really good first layer.
Can you tell it's been too rainy today to actually do anything so my mind has been spinning with ideas?

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!