New Pictures of Acer palmatum 'Verkade's Jacus Potus'

Milford, DE

I am posting several pictures of this maple as there have been request of me to do so. Please enjoy. The more I look at this plant the more I am inclined to think that the plant will take on the appearance of a weeping form. The branches have a wispy lateral growth to it that gives the appearance of a pendulous form.

Dave

Thumbnail by davesnursery
Milford, DE

I tried to get a close up of the leaves to show some of the colors

Dave

Milford, DE

Picture 3

Milford, DE

Another closeup of the leaves.

Dave

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks dave - those leaves do have a different shape - like the color - needs a simpler name:)

Dahlonega, GA

I am thrilled to have been in on this from the start . I don't know that much about J P,s but love the many forms and have planted many around my place the last three years , and I've shared more than fifty common bloodgoods with friends . I have two threadleafs that I'm looking for the "right" spot to place them in my yard .
Thank you for the pictures . digger

Milford, DE

Simpler name? LOL. I name this after my daughter, it is a variation of her name with a close family meaning to it.

Dave

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i remember - say hi to potus for me:)

Milford, DE

Will do.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

you know i am just kidding dave it is nice to have the tree named with a sentimental meaning behind it.

Milford, DE

If you knew me you would know I am not that thin skinned. I did enjoy the comment.

Dave

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

Hey, it is looking nice! I wonder it's eventual size, seems still quite small if this is the parent plant I saw bare branched a couple of years ago.

I think the name is unique.

Laura

Milford, DE

That is the same one Laura. I have to leave it alone for a while. I made about 45 this year and have about have about 33 left. I will be taking scions from the new grafts that are left and leaving the original alone for a while.

Dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.