Sarasota, FL

Jasminum sambac Mysore Mulli

Thumbnail by Kalpavriksha
Sarasota, FL

Jasminum auriculatum

Thumbnail by Kalpavriksha
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

all are lovely. Is that fragrant Ixora?
I have been looking for it very long time. May I ask where you got it from?

Sarasota, FL

Harry Luther, the former Curator of Collections at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens gave it to me. When it get a bit larger, I'll see about taking cuttings.
My Ixora odorata froze dead in the same greenhouse at temps around 35 deg.
Ixora parviflora I didn't bother to bring inside. It took at least 30 deg if not lower. That one took about 5 months to root!

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

thank you very much for the info Kalpavriksha. I have also killed odorata in the past. I bought it knowingly that it is not the plant I grew up with in India. Thanks for your info now I found out that it is parviflora that I grew up with. I will look for that one. Thank you very much again.

Sarasota, FL

lovestropics, do you have access to seeds from India? Do you know chironji &/or have ever tried to get them to germinate from US purchased seed?
Please check my want list just to see; a large majority are from India.
I just received Padri seeds, kadamba, Wrightia arborea & Bambusa bambos (B. arundinacea) or giant thorny bamboo seeds from German seed company. I've never had luck with kadam before as I believe the seeds have to be extremely fresh.
If you'd like some madhvi seeds, let me know while they're still fresh!
Also there are a lot of photo postings online that don't accurately show I. parviflora. Those flowers are bb sized.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

thank you for the offer. you have dmail.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok..now you BOTH have me running for google..I don't recognize some of these names you've mentioned... ^_^

Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Lonicera x heckrottii (goldflame honeysuckle). Divine smell. The first flush of blooms is nearly done and they are perfuming the yard with their last gasps. It will bloom on and off throughout the summer, but not as gloriously as this.

Hello, I'm new here, BTW.

Sheri
Vancouver, BC

Thumbnail by 8zoner
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

lovely 8zoner. welcome to dave's:)

Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Thank you!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Very nice photo!! Makes me sad I didn't get to the yard to enjoy the scent of mine!!
Big ole VA welcome to 8zoner

Sarasota, FL

Welcome 8zoner!

I'm not sure of that honeysuckle, but the plain honeysuckle flower buds can be picked and dried to treat upset stomach mixed with other herbs like mint.

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Kalpavriksha
Your Jasmines are so healthy and blooming beautifully. What type of soil are you using?

Sarasota, FL

Plain old Florida sand/dirt. I like throwing 'black hen' sparingly around them. Once they have some size, I use 2-10-10 bloom special granular.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.