Pleasant Valley Iris Farmers in California

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

Can anyone recommend this mail order company? Their prices seem reasonable: Price of iris+$.50 for each rhizome+shipping although I do not understand the extra $.50. I did not see them listed in WatchDog. Or if you can recommend others, please do. Thank you in advance!

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

I did locate them here but little info.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Good morning Flowerette, what I often do is just Google for a review or complaints... good way to find out whether or not anyone has had a bad experience. &:-)

South Hamilton, MA

Checked the garden watchdog?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Flowerette, check out Wild Iris Rows. http://wildirisrows.com/text-catalog.html Most of his irises are only $3, he sends MASSIVE, multiple fans and nice bonuses too.

Or Snowpeak, which is owned by Irisloverdee here on DG. She has a great selection and I think her prices are very reasonable. http://www.snowpeakiris.com/newweb/navpage.htm

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

I purchased approximately 30 rhizomes from them in 2007. Three were mis-identified, but all rhizomes increased well and have bloomed each year for the past 3 years. I do agree with Hart above that WIR and Snowpeak are good suppliers. I have purchased from both in the past couple of years. Also Blue J Iris and Iris 4 U are excellent suppliers.

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

You are a wealth of knowledge! And, thank you for the sites. Am headed to check them out.
Carol

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Denise at Snowpeak has a co-op going right now for medians, SDB's to IB's and BB's.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

patrob...looked for that coop in the coop list here and can't find it. Where is it??
Thanks

Raleigh, NC

not on Daves - doesn't meet the new co-op requirements.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

What a shame!!! I was afraid the new rules would cut back on the number of great coops we had in the past, even if just because it would be too much trouble to jump through all the hoops. Pretty hard too, to get in one when the # of participants is so limited. They are usually filled up before most people even know they are there. I wish there had been some kind of consideration for those who have had very successful larger coops in the past. This is almost like a penalty for them when they didn't have anything to do with the problems to begin with.
Maybe I am just mistaken!.
Deb

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Not really a penalty as her elsewhere co-op is doing well.

Raleigh, NC

good!

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Sent her an email and she sent one back. Sent my real name and forgot to mention the coop!! Duh!!! Sent another but haven't heard back yet. maybe it is closed????

Lebanon, OR

not closed been gone

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.