Chipmunk, standing tall

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

I observed this chipmunk on the ground beneath one of my bird feeders. I was surprised it stayed in place so long.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Marlton, NJ

Aww, very cute!

Sandusky, OH

Nice shot Hack! He look's deep in thought. Now where the heck did I leave that? lol

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks pelle and Burd. Not my favorite friend. I kept seeing dirt on my porch and finally saw one of these rascals in the planter, digging away. Not sure whether it was nesting or trying to get at a bulb.

Hack

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Such cute critters. I liked having them around until they made me hire an electrician to repair their damages...

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

JuneyBug, I'm about ready to add these rascals to my "pests" list.

Hack

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

They hit my list pretty quickly when the electrician showed me their stash of sunflower seeds. I got a mini dachshund and he put a dent in their population, but my whole neighborhood was overrun with the little rodents.

Edinburg, TX

We get something similar out here...I think they are called Eight Striped Mexican Ground Squirrels. I always thought there were cute when they'd go off scampering with their tail held high or they'd stand on their haunches and call out to each other. That is, until I saw one eating a baby bunny! I thought they were vegetarians - that ruined my nice thoughts of them!

I couldn't believe it and thought perhaps it was a male that had gotten into a female's den killed her pups so she'd go into season but as I watched and took photos and video I realized it was a baby bunny.

~ Cat

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Hack, it is probably burying seed in your pots. I find all kinds of sedds and nuts in my pots when I empty them in the fall. At the top of my PEST LIST.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.