Lady in Red-Miracle Grow Acid

Enumclaw, WA

I just put in a Lady in Red Hydrangea. It's in the backyard and get limited sun. It appears to be taking well. I have two Ever Blues in front in evening sun and they really like the Miracle Grow acid water baths. Do the Lady in Red like the acid supplements as well?

Thanks,
Aureum ti dum ti dum

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Depends on what color flowers you want it to have--if you acidify then it'll have blue flowers, otherwise it'll depend on what your soil pH is naturally (if it's alkaline then they'll be pink, if it's acidic then they'd be blue anyway)

Enumclaw, WA

Thanks,

That's what I thought. I haven't a clue about the soil ph. I suspect it's more likely to be acidic than neutral since we get so much rain. I am going to wait and see what we end up with this year.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If your soil's already acidic you should be careful about making it more acidic with the MG acid baths. I would test your soil pH before you do any more. There are cheap test kits you can buy--they're still not as accurate as sending your soil out for testing, but I think they're more accurate than the probes you can buy for measuring moisture/pH.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I guess I have a mix of acid and ph soil , because mine go from pink to purple to a bluish in color all on the same plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.