Mysterious Bug/ spider bites HELP

Utica, NY

I have a question about common house spiders. See when I go to bed I wake up with these bites. it started off only two on my neck then it went to my arm an so forth. I have a couple pictures of these bites but i am at a loss on what is biting me at night when I sleep. Please help me. each bite I get days later ends up bubbling with a clear liquid...which i tend to pop only cause crazy...if anyone knows what kind of bug bite this is please please it will be a great help. the photo i uploaded is one of many bites. i need some help here please. I have two kids a 3 year old an a 1 year old. lucky they are not getting bit just yet. I first noticed the bites couple weeks ago an they where on my neck. to this day the bite is still there an i have gotten 12 other bites including the one in the photo.

Thumbnail by WiccanChick24
Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Where are you getting them , ie after being in the yard, do you have pets, being at some ones house did you get a new pet , stay at some ones house, been on a trip any change in the last couple weeks anything you can think of is important! Trust me you will see why with one word Bed bugs! It may sound weird but it is possible not from being dirty but just because it happens . rack your brain think and hit me back .

The Sarg.

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates
Utica, NY

At first I thought it was bed bugs...but then I have not seen any. my brother says they are spider bites but what kind i have no idea. only cause they have been on my body for longer then any bite i have ever had. I haven't slept any but my bed. I do know i have cellar spiders in my house. Also I have seen on the wall outside my apartment door what looked like a baby brown recluse.

Utica, NY

here is another photo of the bite a week ago that i was bit an to show what it looks like to this day that is on my leg that i have to keep opening to drain this clear liquid from

Thumbnail by WiccanChick24
Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

BB are Very tiny but if you have not been any where else to get them then time to get with thw apt Manager and get the apt sprayed there is a big problem and it needs to be delt with fast next get a lil jar and catch one or two an seal it and head to the doc your gona need to get those looked at pretty quick if they are Brown recluce thats bad news . so dont waste time . good luck

Utica, NY

i will definitely see if i can get that spider i seen out side my door. that way i can identify it better. An i will go get the bites checked out. also what would cause spiders to bite one person an one person only?

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

? they may be in your room or just like the smell or taste of you? perfume, soap, some thing like that.

Utica, NY

well that sucks lol. 24 years of age an never have i had this problem till me an my husband moved to where we are.....not cool in the slightest. Again thank you for your help. I will indeed post the answers to this mysterious bug bite once i see my doctor Monday.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

you could get a bug bomb or two and go on a day trip set them off close the place up and go have fun for the day! good luck Hun.

Utica, NY

thanks im just hoping there not brown recluse bites uggg i love spiders but not when im getting bitten lol

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

the one on your leg looks bad i would say BR or some thing of the sort . defintly git afew in a sm jar for the doc and go see one and spray the place with Ortho bug spider killer around the walls and put Bug spray bombs in the Apt. for the day I would not wast any time in doing so expecialy with lil ones in the Apt. i Have seen a lot of spider bites in the Army and some not bad but most not good I just dont like bites at all .if ya know what i mean .

this is my lil one it's a pet

Utica, NY

Yeah I know what you mean. atm me an my husband are on hard times. so we cant exacty go get bombs for the place. but once i can git what is biting me into jars an bring them with me to the docs. you bet you bottom i will be bringing this up to the landlord. cause this is insane. I am lucky the kids have not been bitten yet. an your pet is soo cute hehe

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

LOL here's one that was in Iraq but mine is not this big mine is half the size os a dollar folded click on the pic it get's bigger .LOL

Their BIG!!!!

Utica, NY

My Word!!!!! thats huge

Crawfordville, FL

Sgt....that picture ain't real! Is it???

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

LOL yes very much so the actual Photo belongs to a very good frind of mine befor it hit the internte i was station with him in Iraq when he took the pis the one on the bottom is a female and the one on top is a male.. the body is 6 inches the over all length is 10 inches long( of the female) those are egg sacks on her back

Utica, NY

my god...thats insane

Crawfordville, FL

I have never seen a spider that big.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

I do have a A goliath Bird Eating Spider that will get 10 to 12 inches in diameter . however, it is only 7inches now he eats small mice now.

Crawfordville, FL

Eeeewwww.

Sinks Grove, WV

The largest solpugid known is the Egyptian giant solpugid (see http://tinyurl.com/2fo9hlx), which can attain a length of 6" (with legs), but it looks nothing like those in the photo from Iraq. That photo was carefully staged to exaggerate the size of the specimens, much like some trophy fish photos. From the human hand visible, I would be quite surprised if their body lengths were more than a couple of inches. Also, those objects are not egg sacs on a back - they are fan-shaped sensory organs called as racquet organs or malleoli on the ventral (under) side of the last pair of legs of the solpugid.

Utica, NY

So I found the culprit who bite me. It is from a Cellar Spider. Come to find out there is a nest next to my bed. Although not poisons to us human beings I am allergic to their venom lol

Crawfordville, FL

I need help identifying some insect eggs that I've been finding in the garden over the past couple of weeks now. They're always on the leaves of my swiss chard and spinach. They look like a mass of small white pieces of rice. I have included a picture, although its a little blurry. Can anyone let me know if these are the eggs of a beneficial insect, or should I destroy them when I see them? Thanks!

Thumbnail by honeysucklemoon
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011 7:36 PM

Waxahachie, TX

That's one big Camel Spider Sarge! (I think that is what they had called them)
M.P.
ex-1st and 61st Inf.Div.

This message was edited May 16, 2011 6:27 PM

Oakland, MD

The camel spiders aren't as big as they appear in the photo.
That and that's two spiders. A lot of people for some reason look at it, and think it's one big bug.

Brown recluse spiders aren't found in NY.
You can find a range map here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider

People often blame the brown recluse for spider bites, not realizing they don't even have them in their area, due to their bad reputation.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.