Please, what Acacia is this?

Marbella, Spain

Can anyone ID this Acacia? Thanks.

Thumbnail by roquero
Merino, Australia

Someone may be able to tell you but it is hard to ID from leaves as a lot of acacias first put out the small fern like leaves before the quite different adult leaves.

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Hi Roquero. Jean is quite correct in her answer to you. The juvenile and adult foliage are quite different at times in Acacia sp.

Could you post a pix or two of the entire plant including bloom?

I have very limited knowledge of the species, however someone here might be able to key it out, or know the plant by sight given more information.

Good luck!

Barmera, Australia

G'Day
As stated above, the sample shown is not enough to ID which Acacia you have. It might not even be an Australian species but if it is we will need Adult foliage, seedpods, seeds and flowers or at least a description of the flowers. The more of the above you can provide the more accurate the ID.
A photo of the adult plant may be enough if it is a species that is very common in cultivation.
Photo is Acacia saligna "The Golden Wreath Wattle", very common in cultivation and reasonably easy to ID.
Brian

Thumbnail by Stake
Marbella, Spain

This are new images of the Acacia. But I have not bloom's images. The tree is small and it is cultived in a building garden.

Thumbnail by roquero
Marbella, Spain

other image

Thumbnail by roquero
Marbella, Spain

And the third.
Thank's, my australian friends.

Thumbnail by roquero
Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

It looks to me as if it could be the Mountain Hickory Wattle - Acacia obliquinervia: http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/NSWfl.pl?page=nswfl&lvl=sp&name=Acacia~obliquinervia

Kennedy

Marbella, Spain

It could be this one.
Thanks.

Hobart, Australia

As explained Acacia spp. are very difficuly to identify.
In Australia we have Acacia melanoxylon (BLACKWOOD) which is used for furniture making. The young branches look exactly like your pic. The leal is divided into fragile leaflets and the leaf STALK is flattened into a leaf-like structute called a PHYLLODE to assist capture additional light especially when lealets become damaged e.g. in windy situations.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.