Stop by & see my iris

Port Sanilac, MI

My iris are at their peak this weekend and we would like to invite anyone who is in the area to look at them. We are 1 mile north of Port Sanilac, Michigan. DH says there's no one from DG in the area and I would like to prove him wrong (again). We have a row of purple historics by the road and a sign that says "Cutler".

Thumbnail by kays_camelot
Port Sanilac, MI

Drive down the driveway and the garden is by the barn. There are about 40 different flowers there and I want everyone to see them! Some are so beautiful they take my breath away! It doesn't matter if we don't happen to be home; just get out of the car and look them over.

Port Sanilac, MI

If you want, also drive past the house down to the beach where I have a poor attempt of a historic garden.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Beautiful! Someone needs to breed an Iris that blooms continuously all summer!
This was my peak about a week ago. These all came from a co-op in 2008, right here on DG.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Philadelphia, PA

They're beautiful Kay

Parkersburg, WV

Those are beautiful, and congrats on getting your dahlias planted by the road like you and hubby planned last year. I planted dahlias in front of my house last year, we live on a busy street and did not realize so many people enjoyed them til working in yard this spring and people keeping stopping and saying how much they love our yard.

Happy Gardening, taj

Raleigh, NC

darn, kays, wish I had known, I was there last week, visiting two iris hybridizers, one in Kalamazoo and one in Williamston. I drove over from WI, up I-94.

Port Sanilac, MI

I'm sorry too that I didn't get to meet you. sigh

Raleigh, NC

hey bernie, do you happen to know the names of the yellow ones? you've got a couple great shades of yellow there, and I'm looking for good yellows for a friend of mine.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Isn't Port Sanilac quite a ways from Kalamazoo?

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Kay--You sent a couple of old white irises to me in 08. Thought of you and all the members who sent some of their spare oldies to me that year. Now digging and dividing them for gifts this month.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here are the ones in there; Buckwheat, Harvest of Memories, Picassco Moon, Summer Olympics, Time Piece, Tomorrow May Rain.
All came from 2008 Breaded Iris Co-op.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Beautiful. I am all for continues blooms.

Raleigh, NC

LOL No, Port Sanilac isn't quite a ways from Kalamazoo, caitlinsgarden...

......if your reference point begins in the middle of North Carolina!
On my trip, if it was within 3 hours drive one place to another, it was fair game for stopping at! Especially in states with a 70 or 75 mph limit on Interstates!

Thanks, Tomorrow May Rain is a nice one - I'll bet that's that bright yellow one.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

I don't know how I missed this thread. Kay, your iris are beautiful. You have a very lovely place!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Hmmmmm....breaded iris. Sounds tasty!

Port Sanilac, MI

Thank you, Gary. Your generosity has helped make it. Such as your Ola Cala

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I paid you a virtual visit. They are beautiful. It is so sad to see them go. Definitely worth the trip.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Kay, I'm so glad Ola Kala bloomed for you. It will increase for you quickly! I got it from Wandasflowers in 2007 and am already sharing from a huge clump!

Gary

Raleigh, NC

good to know, because my new one is still potted, and I was going to give Ola Kala a little spot. I'd better put it somewhere with more space to expand!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.