Hot Papaya And Friends June 4, 2010 Ft Lauderdale

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Here are a few photos from the last couple of days. This is Echinacea "Hot Papaya" this morning.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Another look at "Hot Papaya" from 2 days ago.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Echinacea "Heavenly Dream"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Echinacea "Maui Sunshine", "Flame Thrower" and "Tomato Soup"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Echinacea "Green Jewel"

Thumbnail by amorecuore

And the last one is today's look at Echinacea "Sundown". LOL I keep posting this one because the number of blooms on this one plant is pretty neat.

Jon

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Very nice once again. I am so glad al of you that are way ahead of me keep posting all these great pics. Soon maybe I can contribute too. HP is really looking good, I may need to find a spot for that one somewhere here. I like the combo shot of FT, MS and TS. Hope my newbies section looks as nice soon.

Thanks. All of them went through a growing spurt yesterday after our nasty thunderstorms with lots of rain. That red/orange/yellow section of Echies is the newly added section I started last summer. LOL No pinks allowed in that area.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Great pictures, love seeing how wonderfully everything is blooming.

Boston, MA

I love seeing your pictures. I have 2 Hot Lava plants that are loaded with blooms. I can't wait for them to open. We had a really bad storm blow through our area last night, was worried perhaps the plants were damaged by the wind, but after checking today, no damage.

I saw that you had bad storms late Sunday afternoon. Those are a common occurrence down here and happen every few days. It's the occasional hail that concerns me. Had a bad hail storm last June that tore up lots of foliage on various plants. Some of the hailstones went right through the hibiscus leaves leaving holes right in the middle of the leaves.

My Hot Lavas are slow to do anything this year and are not growing all that well. They look fine, just real sloooooow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.