My PRIDE - Co-op irises from 2009 - please join in

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Good morning fellow iris lovers,
Even though I have grown some iris in the past I never did get the total joy as this year.I am so VERY HAPPY that most of mine made it and bloomed.Some very tiny ones I lost and some others will bloom for me next year.
So let the parade begin,please join in and let's see which ones have done great for you.
HAPPY GARDENING everyone.

picture of
TB - Starlit Velvet

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 2
TB - BLUE REFLECTION

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 3
TB - NAPLES

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

TB - SLAPSTICK

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 5
BOLD ENCOUNTER

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gainesville, TX

this beauty bloomed 4/28/10........I bought 3 from the PNW co-op of 2009
Who's a Toff

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Sharon,
THIS is a BEAUTY !!!! .... I have this also on my NEVER ENDING wish list :-)
Thanks for sharing

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 6
TB - BINGO BANGO BONGO

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 7
TB - GENE MACHINE

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 7
TB - GENE MACHINE

SORRY I clicked on the wrong picture

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 8:20 AM

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 8
TB - OASIS DRAGON

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 9
TB - SNOW MOUND

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

# 10
TB - TAMARA FAY

Enjoy the pictures and add some of yours...need to do some errands and will be back later.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gainesville, TX

miami beach from the same co-op

Sure wish we'd have some iris co-ops going this year

Gainesville, TX

same co-op

Poet's Rhyme

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Sharon,
I sure hope we have some iris co-op's again on here .Where did you get the Poet's Rhyme from ? Love the whole blossom with the ruffles and I love blues also.Beautiful !
The yellow/white is so pristine looking.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

What ..no one else ? only Sharon to post pic's from the co-op's ...must be because you're all sooooooo busy with your gardens ...hahaha......well maybe tomorrow ?
would love to see what you all ended up with so I/we can add it to our wishlists.
Have a good night.

Gainesville, TX

Poets rhyme from the same co-op PNW leftovers co-op by Denise Stewart

Gainesville, TX

Dorothy Davenport..same co-op... I should have got a better picture the bloom is a little wind damaged from our spring winds

Gainesville, TX

Brussels...gorgeous, same co-op

Gainesville, TX

Dance Recital......same co-op

Gainesville, TX

Looky Loo, same co-op

Gainesville, TX

all the ones pictured above were received 9/15/2009 and were photoed in bloom this spring. Pretty remarkable I"d say. Four of the varieties ordered did not bloom this spring, but are doing well and I expect bloom next season.

Gainesville, TX

Another of last year's seller's on Dave's I ordered 20 rhizomes from, only one of them blooomed and it wasn't labeled correctly and was not what I ordered.

Gainesville, TX

The following ones I ordered from Roni Merril of Elizabethtowm Gardens. I am not sure if it was a co-op or a direct buy, but they were dirt cheap and good product. Sent Sept 3rd and bloomed this spring

I bought 10 different varieties and 6 of them bloomed this spring

This message was edited Jun 5, 2010 7:13 AM

Gainesville, TX

Cajun Cooking, I bought 3 under $10

Gainesville, TX

Seakist same seller

Gainesville, TX

photos a bit darker than it actually is. It is a clearer, brighter red

Dynamite

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

OK, LOVE Dynamite! Naples, Who's a Toff and Brussels are on my never shortening wish list:lol:

Really great photos! Glad to hear of your success w/ the co-op iris.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh those are really great photos Sharon.
I also have "Brussels" and it bloomed beautifully for me.That shade of blue is so soft ,just beautiful !!!
Your "Dance recital" I will put on my wish list and I REALLY REALLY REALLY love your "Dynamite "...have to have that one!
dmac,
when I added to my also never ending wish list recently I noticed that You and I have a lot of the same on the list.It was almost funny after a while because I kept looking who had the irises for sale or who wanted them and your name kept popping up.
Where are your pictures ?..love to see some.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Meant to say we changed from our server Fairpoint to TimeWarner and had several problems since then.Technician's were here 4 times already .Got up sunday morning....NO internet ,so no emails,no telephone and no TV.Boy was I sour !!!

So I am playing catch up with everything else that fell behind but will post more pictures.
Have to call to see if I can get our car inspected since their technician quit on them.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

LOL--I went on a 2 day "power Want List" add on spree during a vacation a while back:lol: Mainly iris, hosta, daylilies and lilies. Most are only there so I don't forget their names if they become hard to find.

I didn't have a big flower show this season--I had no container iris this year as I had thinned and shared most of those last fall. the front bed was the same as the year before except for a BIG showing of Blueberry Bliss--I was on the fence about keeping it but it was gorgeous this year so it stays. I've got to download the sd card and resize this weekend so I can post the few bloomers.

I want like I have a huge garden but really I'm in an apt so I change out stuff pretty often:)

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Denise has a co-op going on right now for smaller irises, SBD to BB and IB, but I can't mention where.

Raleigh, NC

LOL - we've all been at AIS nationals in Madison WI, Eglantyne! my photos are not organized yet, either. Had mine start blooming while I was frantically weeding getting ready for the local society to come to my house, then two weeks later still prepping Epperson's garden for tour in our spring regional, then bed clean up and some last minute crossing (finally!) before nationals. so, yeah, we're in our gardens....or in someone's garden! LOL

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi you all,
I am in Boston right now and was going to bring my camera which I did but forgot my cord so I can't upload any picures either...we'll do it later or have to...LOL

btw our daughter Angela took me to the Milton,Massachussetts gardentour on friday.We were lucky because it didn't rain like yesterday and today.There were 14 historic houses/garden on the tour but we only managed 12 because our time run out.It was from 10 am until 4 pm and we only stopped for a short break to grab something to eat.The houses weren't included and no pictures allowed.MOST plants were not marked so our notepads we took weren't much un use.

Also if some of you ordered the Helleboros from Barry Glick will be surprised to hear that one of the gardeners ordered ALOT of helleborus from Barry they tdidn't make it due to his own mistake but Barry replaced ALL of them and charged him only postage.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Cajun Cooking and Looky Loo are going on my list! Fantastic!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.