Mass emailing newsletter & 4.1.1 error. TO: vs Bcc

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

At our RV Park, we have decided to try to go the electronic route for our Newsletter.... I have taken the task upon myself to get this done.

I have roughly 170 emails that i need to mail to, and yesterday got a good bunch done, then started getting a 4.1.1 error.....

The size of the messages you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit on the server .... blah blah blah .... 4.1. temporary failure.

the pdf i'm trying to send is just over 3mb

I had always thought that if you were Bcc'ing, opposed to sending in the TO: that it really is only sending one email, then "copying" to all the other recipients, instead of sending - say 20 emails. [hope that was clear]

I'm down to the point where i can send to ONE person, but not TWO -- it's kicking that back with the error

anyone has any input on how to do this? and if this 'temporary' size limit really temporary?

TIA,

Terese

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!