Garden photo seasonal changes

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I was thinking it would be fun to post some areas of our gardens at different times during the season. I would love to see how your gardens change with the season. It seems a great way to get new ideas and see what blooms and looks good together. Also maybe some suggestions of changes or additions that might look nice in a particular bed.

Please, everyone, join in. It will be fun, I think. ;o)

Sherry

First area on May 2, 2010 back side of island bed

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Back side of island bed on May 30, 2010.

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Front side of island bed on April 30, 2010.

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Front side of island bed on May 30, 2010.

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Well, that's a start. I will post more later. But please join in. Would LOVE to see your gardens as the seasons change!
Sherry

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Well, I'll be. Looks like you've actually had some sun. Lovely photos.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Sherrygirl, I just love your beds. They always look so tidy and well designed with interesting foliage and pretty flowers. Thanks so much for sharing!

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

It's so fun to watch the same garden change over time. It's amazing how much a perennial garden can change over just a few weeks.
Here's a pic of mine on
May 1st

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

May 17th

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

May 25th

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Another May25th

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

And today (June 2nd)

Thumbnail by pgt
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Very nice, pgt. What are the tall yellow flowers that showed up on the May 25th shot? I am making a couple of new beds this year and am on the lookout for low ground-cover type plants for the very front edge of the bed. What are the pinkish flowers you have in the front? The area will span from shade and slightly moist, to sun, slope, and dry, but will all be tied to one watering scheme since I am not redoing the sprinkler system. On the plus side - I can choose from both shady and xeriscapic plants.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

soilsandup,
The yellow flowers in the May 25th shot are Digitalis grandiflora. The pink flowers in front are a mixture of Petunia Shockwave Purple and Verbena sissinghurst. I also have the issue in this bed of some of it being full sun, some part shade, and some full shade. But, it's kind of fun figuring it all out. Thanks for the compliment!

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Wow..those are beautiful pictures. I'm in the middle of trying to structure my beds right now and they are a mess. I love seeing all your pictures, pgt (those lupines were killer on the other thread!). I want to trade houses for a while. You can come and fix my yard and I'll sit back and enjoy yours....deal?

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

jana, sound good. You're in Ohio, does that mean you're near Bluestone Perennials :)

Why do all these DG people keep asking me that? lol Unfortunately, I'm about 4 hours away.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry Jana - just looking for a reason to go to Ohio :)

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

katie59,
Thanks! Actually, we've had way more rain than normal. It been about 10 to 15 degrees cooler than normal here. Don't know what the heck is going on. Then it will hit like an ton of bricks and be 100 overnight! ;o(

pgt,
And right back at cha! You bed is looking lovely, as usual. Very nice combinations!

Sherry

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi Guys!

Time for some updated photos of my island bed. These are the photos I took today. So you can see how the bed has changed since April and May.

Sherry ;o)

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Another closer up look.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

How about from the other side.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

And a little closer from the other side.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl

Sherry, I absolutely love your use of color! I can just imagine standing out in your yard and looking at everything. Your bed is truly gorgeous. I have to tell you that I hope you keep this thread going through the rest of the growing season. It's a lot of fun 'watching' your garden grow and change.
Di

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

BEEEUUUUTIIIFUL!!!!

Tomah, WI

Your beds are glorious! So pristine! I agree, great use of color!

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Now that's one nice looking well kept garden. Love the way you've given the bed so much color without having to crowd things together. You can tell you've thought things out as you add to the flower bed. I like your style.

Jon

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

What are the pink flowers in front of the border, in front of that japanese maple? Love your landscaping design and all the colors you have used. IAre those pink flowers in front of that tree perhaps dwarf monarda? Thanks for sharing!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This is fun and I'm glad I keep records like this.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/June0910

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Another garden 4 months
May - Aug this year. My gardens are new, every year they change and I am filled with anticipation to see how the winter plans worked out.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/DeckEndMayJuneJulyAug

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This seems as good a thread as any to show Fine Gardening photo of the day.
http://www.finegardening.com/item/17686/wow-the-mailman

My poor mailbox is covered in snow at this moment. Thanks for posting a beautiful picture - makens me long for spring even more.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm at the peak of boredome and spending on the garden much more than I should.
At least I hope its the peak. Snow wont disappear until March.

Here's what January in South Florida looks like. Oops, I bad.

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Looks nice but its not for me. No need to apologise.
We northerners endure this horiffic weather just to see tulips and daffodils in April and May.

Thumbnail by ge1836

Nice. Some warmer climate daffodils/narcissus work down here, but no tulips. I know your weather well. I grew up in Ithaca, NY. Had enough of winter and moved down here in 1990. Nothing's perfect. The weather here from June - Sept is brutal.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

amoure - that's mean to show me that picture! :)

But I would definitely miss my tulips coming up in April. I don't envy you your summers - as bad as Dec - Feb here.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I was a Ithaca Native from 1936 - 1954. Parents continued to live there until 2001.
Its the most beautiful area in the state. Gorges and parks.
My sister moved back to Trumansburg 8 years ago.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Back to topic.
This is the change in the Shade East garden from 2008 when I started the garden to 2010. Picasa wont shuffle or allow sizing .
Nothing is perfect I guess.

Thumbnail by ge1836

It looks nice and enjoy seeing the "now and then" photos. Yes, Ithaca is a beautiful place. I left there after I graduated from Cornell. I go back there to visit my parents several times a year. They like to garden also, but the severe deer overpopulation makes it practically impossible unless you put up unsightly fences around everything. I shake my head when I see all the damage firsthand. They have plenty of tulips, but rarely ever see one bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.