SCREEN NAMES AND REAL NAMES FOR THOSE ON THIS FORUM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Some of us on this forum (like me) have trouble putting people's real names together with their screen names. Therefore, I propose to start a list of real names and screen names.

I'll start. My real name is Carrie.
13turtles = Turtle
BajaBlue = Becky
BirdieBlue = Sheri
BonnieGardens = Bonnie
cando1 = Vickie
carrielamont = Carrie
daisylovn = Tracey
Dave47 = David
defoecat = Bonnie
GardenChick1982 = Becky
garyon = Grayson
IO1 = Susan
kudzu1 = Kay
lovemyhouse = Debra
LysmachiaMoon = Annie
mableruth = Eleanor
poolrunning = Susan
renatelynne = Nada
Ret_Sgt_Yates = Sarge
revclaus = Judith
RickCorey_WA = Rick
Sansai87=Nadine
santacltr2 = Nancy
scraps = Stephanie
seacanepain = Jim
Tplant = Ted
VanGarden = Van

this just happens to be in alphabetical order so far but I can't guarantee future results!

If you want your name added, please say so on this thread or let me know otherwise and I'll be happy to add you. I don't want to presume that anyone wants to be up here without their express say-so.

12/14/2015 took out the extra "edited" memos

This message was edited Dec 13, 2015 1:02 PM

(Becky) Gresham, OR(Zone 8a)

If you go to your info page you can change your city you live in. Put your name in ( ) before your city and state like mine I saw others had done this and went to see how I could.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Becky, may I add you to my list?

(Becky) Gresham, OR(Zone 8a)

Of course thank you for asking

(Debra) Garland, TX

lovemyhouse = Debra

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Don't forget me.
cando1=Vickie

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for doing this carrie, now when I am puzzled, I can just come here.

Bonnie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Vickie, I'm trying not to stick people here who don't want to be here. Some people need their anonymity.

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

santacltr2 is Nancy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Do you want me to ask Terry to make this thread a sticky? So it's always at the top?

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Sounds good to me.
Vickie

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

This is a good idea, Carrie. I don't have any problems on this forum keeping up with who is who because I've been hanging here so long. But, it has been an issue on other forums I visit. Hope the idea spreads.
Thanks, Becky, I was wondering how that was done. Kay/Kudzuone

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

I have been Sarge so long I guess I will stay with that LOL.16+ years is a long time to give it up ~;>)

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates
(Debra) Garland, TX

It is, that, Sarge. Previous boss was a retired army colonel. Guess what everyone calls him, still? :-)

Debra

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Debra,

I guess it's like a Daddy given up his Baby Girl for marrien She might change her Last Name But She is and always will be Daddys Baby Girl .

I guess I'll Be Sarge till they put me in the ground and then they will etch that in stone LOL HOOAH. Know What I mean.

(Debra) Garland, TX

You betcha. :-D

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Sarge, and welcome! Gee, I was just hoping my fuzzy brain would be able to keep the 4 - 5 regular posters straight. I am SO GLAD all you other folks are coming out to say hello! I hope you stick around. As you may have noticed, we have usually 3 active threads at any one time. They were originally practical advice, sharing joys and sharing compassion but they are pretty much all mixed up by now. Jump in anywhere whenever, please.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

thanks Carrie I plan on being around for a long while ~ ;>)

Sarge

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Sarge, hi kitty! I wish I could borrow your cat to come scare away all our mice, rabbits, chipmunks, etc., without sending my DD into an asthmatic fit - she is very allergic/

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

lol thats Trixy and she's a Mouser for sure and the house tirent if it moves at night noon or nill it's hers lol toes are fare game too their on her level . shucks any thing on her eye sight is hers if she canget too it lol.

how you doing this eve Darlen,it's been rainen part of the day here .not hard just a nuff to stop us from doin anything in the gardens .;(

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Now, Sarge, up here we don't call other people's wives "darling," just so you know. A HP shower salesman from VA - great guy - said that to me on the phone once and I about bit his head off. Now he's very careful to call me "Buddy," which is a little weird too. "Carrie" will do fine. We're going to bed because DH just got home and has to get up at 3:30 am for work tomorrow.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Gulp, No Disrespect intended just our way of speaking but Carrie is fine. got in trouble in the service bout that too and hun not bad but had to be told a lot bout it lol.every one cifferd thats just Sarge's way but i'm glad no harm done ...sorry mam . see ya later

Sarge

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

LOL, Welcome Sarge. My DH was a sarge also.
Carrie, On occasion i say darlin too but when i do something ugly usually follows. Think thats a southern thing.
My camping is done for awhile. It rained and everything is wet and yucky. My flowers loved it tho.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

cando1,

it is a southren thang Darlen ,Hun ,are nothen more than a greaten and most folks think nothen of it the fellers sort of look at ya odd even all over no matter wher ya go Japan was the best had to get it translated so we did not get wooped and them folks in honorable fellers ya know LOL. no foul no harm done. ~;>)

Sarge

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's definitely a southern thing! Up here if someone (especially a guy) calls someone (especially a woman) darling, he's usually half-drunk and looking for something. But I kinds figured that, since Sarge is from TN and all, so I tried to let you down easily.

Sarge, where is that picture taken? TX? AZ? Overseas? Not what I thought TN would look like!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Cross-posted - not the scary beautiful knife, the desert.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Carrie,

that is Sasabe AZ down by the Border in 2007 i had a short 9 months Stay on my way out of the Army. it was fun.

Sarge

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Good guesser, hunh? Let's move this discussion to one of the other threads so I can save this for names, OK?

What does TN look like, sort of like WV? I've been there.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

ok where to ?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101129/

This one is nice and short.

Carrie,
Actually, I'm not 101. my screen name is
I = me
O = owe
1 = God the only One

There is a member on the list who joined up as "101", but isn't me. That person is from Mount Pleasant, MI. This person isn't a subscriber but signed up in 2005. I have people say they Dmail me all the time and I don't reply. So will you please edit and put me in the correct place? :-) I want everyone to know I'm not number 101. I'd never ignore anyone's Dmails! I didn't know this for the longest of times! Thank you so very much.

This message was edited Dec 9, 2016 4:11 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm so sorry, Susan. I dislike this serif-less font, where MARNA becomes MAMA and various other strange things happen! I will put you under "I" as in after H and before K. Thanks for clarifying!

There! ilovemyhouse
IO1

This message was edited Jun 22, 2010 2:12 PM

Thanks!

This message was edited Dec 9, 2016 4:00 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Debra! You didn't even notice, or mention, that I changed your name - you must have Swiss cheese in your brain too!

ilovemyhouse is actually lovemyhouse! So she comes AFTER kudzu1. This is so challanging, as Jim says!

You're doing a great job. Thanks for letting me join in again. :-)

(Debra) Garland, TX

Carrie, I will answer to anything you wish to call me. :-)

Debra

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL at the both of you! It's so lovely to come here and get approval and support, when wrestling with two teenagers gives you anything but!

Using a lower case "i" in IO1's listing might help avoid visual confusion in future. I've sort of started a mental collection of the stories behind unusual screen names. It helps me remember. Love yours, Susan. Kay*

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Gee Kay, I'm going to have to admit being a very ugly person. I was oakleif on another garden site. And got into a nasty name calling session with two people who i considered jerks. They were always answering questions in a snotty know it all way. I got tired of it and told them what i thought of them and we went back and forth for months, before i'd had enough and came over here. I was amazed at how nice everyone was. AND OF COURSE STAYED. I did regret some of the things i said but not much. I picked my name cause i said i cando better.
Vickie

I went on the other major garden site when I was researching some obscure fact about figs. Could not stand reading through thread entries there because there was so much sniping going on. I haven’t been back there. Learning is fun here. Kay*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.