Believe it or not, I still have one TB iris blooming

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hollywood Nights is going strong...looks kinda funny as the only iris blooming, but then it gets all the attention.

Kansas City, MO

I have had it for 3 blooming seasons and it gets better every year. I was going to give it away after the first year but now it is a keeper. Hard to believe the difference.

K

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

I still have TB iris blooming here. They soon will be over though.

Bakersfield, CA

I can't believe that I still have three blooming (Subtle Arrogance, Standing Proud and Silk Road), plus now one of my intermediates (Mostest) has finally decided to send up a stalk! This is the latest I've seen blooms here.

irisawe - I got it as a bonus from Malevil and was torn as to whether I would like it; kinda relegated it to a not so prime spot in a corner behind a rose bush as an afterthought. It's put on a keeper show for sure.

Now I'm wondering which other iris is going to lose its choicer spot to swap with where I have Hollywood Nights...the conundrums of life.

newyorkrita and Betja - any pics to share?

I have my own thread going of pictures of my iris and my gardens if you want to see any of mine.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

wow.. mine are just now getting started...

Thumbnail by naomimade
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Mine are over done but I have two seed pods. So exciting. Dee Stewart is, after ROTF, trying to help me understand. I told her since this is a Bumble bee cross, it will most likely be a $100,000 cross. But I have given all the rights to Dee.. This is legal binding agreement as long as she can find me and I can remember her name. LOL.

She is actually having a heart attack that I might develop a "not within legal whatever" and not throw it in the compost pile. She is afraid I might grow it. No fear, I might grow it but it will not leave my garden unless Mother of Iris, Dee say OK. I have a problem throwing scraps in thr compost pile. A real live plant. I am writing Obama. If he is doing away with the Cattle Guards in Colorado, sorry I lost it for a moment. Disregard. Inside story.

Well Hollywood Nights is done...have to wait for the rebloomers to kick in and settle for the daylily show now.

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

I had one, Jazz Solo, just finish blooming. It was way late behind the others. Definetly, the only one blooming. I forgot to cut down two stalks after blooming. One has big fat seed pods on it. My guess is they will be false. This is my first year with TB so I am not messing with seed pods lol

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine are just past naomimade's. I'm cropping the photos now (and figuring out who is who). Why would it be illegal to sell something grown from seed? I thought the problem was selling things that were non-sexually propagated. Once it crosses with something else, it's a different plant.

Bakersfield, CA

Here are the last of my iris to bloom this year.

STANDING PROUD

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

SILK ROAD

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

SUBTLE ARROGANCE

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

SUBTLE ARROGANCE stalk shot.

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And last, but definitely not least, one of my very favorite border bearded irises, MOSTEST. I cannot figure out why it bloomed so late this year, but I'm so glad it did. It's so cheerful! And that's the end for this year!

Thumbnail by Betja

Wow, those are really late for you. You started so much earlier than I did and we are ending bloom at the same time.

Bakersfield, CA

Amazing, eh? All four of these sent up stalks after everything else had finished for the year, and I have no idea why. I don't think that's happened to me before... and they're all still blooming today, June 4!

Well, I want to look for some late bloomers to order. Probably wouldn't make my season any longer but have more blooming towards the end.

Hey, I thought RAVEN GIRL was finished but she opened up her last flower today.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

new bloom today! I thought it was Bubbling Over,.. a purchase from the local iris Society, but it's not.... It looks like Stars and Stripes...any thoughts ladies? &:-)

Thumbnail by naomimade
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well, mine are done, my day lilies are getting ready to pop but we hit a high of 108 today with a low tonight of 83. Actually I was in the front garden today from 10am until 3:30pm getting my Coleus planted in the shade. Usually they are planted in the sun but we went from 69 to 95 in about 5 days. They could not take that much sun with out harding off. I know that is suppose to be for colds but in Las Vegas that is for the heat. Tomorrow 110 and Monday 109. We are going to stay inside tomorrow and have a quiet day which is what we usually do on Sundays. Love you all. Sharon

Spicer, MN

Minnesota must have the longest growing season. I just had Prince George bloom for the first time today. Many others that just came into bloom this last week are Diamond Bracelet, Pheasant Feathers, Owhyhee Desert, Moonlit Water, Rodeo Arena, Guardian Angel, Midnight Oil, etc.

I have another week of enjoying the last Iris of Spring. It's been a wonderful 'ride'!

Sharon

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

My last iris is still blooming away. It started blooming along with all the others, but then one of the divisions started blooming about the time the rest finished. Still have three lovely little blooms on Star Woman.

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures from my cell phone on here! I can send them to Facebook, but not Dave's Garden. I'll have to get out there with the real camera and get a couple of shots later.

Angie

Raleigh, NC

yeh, dee is a stickler for "compost or introduce, but don't muddy the gene field."

South Hamilton, MA

Some seedlings are used in breeding if they have something to offer. Introduction is another matter. Don't worry, I'm sure that Dee uses seedlings as well. Too wet to work outside at the moment.

Lebanon, OR

Oh yes, Lucy I use the seedlings...but I do not keep as many...I have one that was done in 2003 finally have decided to intro it next year..waiting to hear if I got the name or not

D

Raleigh, NC

oops, I did forget the breeding seedlings, you're right Lucy.

too hot to do anything, and the A/C is caput.

Lebanon, OR

weeding and planting

d

South Hamilton, MA

The cold, wet drizzle is holding up gardening, even weeding. At least we missed the muggies & gobs of pine pollen while we were at convention.

Raleigh, NC

a/c is fixed, but it was so hot out, the house is still 87 inside. Now a summer afternoon shower, and the temps have dropped 15 degrees - oh heavenly!

South Hamilton, MA

Hey Bonjon it is now 59° here. In the 60s during the day, but damp & clammy. I was in NC the summer after we were married, DH took a course in statistics. We had a cooler, but kitchen was hot in the apr. Could not complain, however as I still had my elderly cocker spaniel from childhood & most people would not rent to people with pets, even 10 yr old ones.

Raleigh, NC

we are having a heat wave, but a/c is now fixed. there goes all my future travel money for a while.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Anyone ever had 'Oasis Glacier' bloom this late???

Lebanon, OR

I have...

D

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

The one I have marked as Oasis Glacier opened today. Really nice! took a pic and will send as soon as I get home and can download it from my camera. All of my other irises are long gone!
deb

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Me too! I just noticed an unopened bud on Midnight Oil. It down low on the stalk. I even have a few of the repeaters starting back up again. :D

Roni

Spicer, MN

I have an awesome bloom that just happened. Mesmerizer sent up this stalk that wasn't deformed & was so beautiful. I can't call it a re-bloom because it was only a couple weeks ago when it's bloom was over. It's so nice to smell it's frangrance one more time.

Sharon

Thumbnail by husker11

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.