Underplanting JMs

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I need some ideas for underplanting my new JM(Tamukeyama).
Let's see what you have planted under and around your JMs.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

This planter has only just been set up, so it isn't really ready for prime time. It contains 'Shishigashira' maple and Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Chirimen'. The green creeper (Selaginella) at the base is not going to work, I don't think, except behind the pagoda. I'll have to put something more sun tolerant in the front.

Thumbnail by granitegneiss
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

jen have you thought abour hakonechioa grass like all gold or aureola? i have aureola around my tamukeyama and all gold around a bloodgood.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I ended up planted liriope(I already had in a container till I found a place for it) and I'm swtiching my Heuchera marmalade to that area.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that sounds nice jen - be sure to post - might have to think of moving some heuchera carmel in front of my shirazz as i have had difficulty with grasses there for some reason

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

wha - I used the Hakonechloa next to my Scolopendrifolium. I imagine the all green would be beautiful next to any bloodgood. I also have heuchera in the area to match the stems of the JM.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

hi pirl!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi, Bill!

Right now my bloodgoods are just seedlings but if/when they grow I'll remember to use the all gold (not green as I said above) hakone with them.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i have all gold around one of mine and it looks good - only a 5' tree at this point.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.