ORVG Coffee House #177 - June is busting out all over!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We came from here.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096671/

Time for a new Thread as we wind down to RU Time.
12 days to go!!!!

Thumbnail by henryr10
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

That seems like it will be awhile, but I know I will turn around 3 times, and be on my way!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
Know what you mean Bonnie!

(Zone 5b)

I can hardly wait to see EVERYONE! Hope to be feeling better, still on Pred for breathing, hate that stuff, one pill equals 10 pounds, and so on, yuck! It will be so nice to put names to faces. Still trying to decide what to make that will still look good, be fresh and taste delish after an over 3 hour drive. Suggestions would be appreciated!!!!! Will there be a place to heat things up? I was thinking of a bread bowl with dip and fresh veggies, I could have it ready to assemble when I get there.

It rained there today, it started out hard then settled to a nice soft rain. I took an hour nap during it. I soooooo hate being so tired all the time, I much prefer going 100 miles an hour.

Ric the benches really EXPLODE in that shade of red, love it!

Waving to all!!!

Annie

Columbus, OH

I can't think of anything to bring, either. Texas sheet cake went over fairly well last time, I just arrived late...organizational problems getting stuff in the car when I was post-op, lol.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Man, I'm SO bummed I can't be there this year!

Columbus, OH

Darius! I have mint for you! You have to come! *whiney whinerson*

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

There is electric so heating is an option.
Plus we'll be bringing a Cook Stove.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Joycet suggested I bring plastic wrap and foil for those who want to divide up the leftovers. I will try to think of something that I can bring that won't take refrigeration or heating.

How about - anyone bringing something that would require hot dog or hamburger buns? I could bring those? Condiments?

Annie - I have asthma and get bronchitis really easy. I started taking Singulair a few years back and it has really helped. Much better than being on steroids!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hamburger Buns would be good.
There's a food thread and I guess we need to get moving over there....

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

There is a post on the Plant trading forum that has some variagated petasites for trade. Maybe you all have already seen it, I didn't know if you had or not..... Lou

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

So sorry I won't be able to be there in the beginning!! I just hate coming in late to a party!!
I would love to bring food, but won't be able to, with going to a dinner first. Is there anything else I can bring??????? I would be glad to!
I WILL be bringing plants..so if you are bringing me plants...don't give them away...lol!! I WILL be there!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh Ric...meant to say...get busy on that blank slate...lol!!! Lookin' good! I also loved your comeback..."too little yard"!! I'm gonna use that one, even though I don't have too little yard! Still have plenty left!
Darius...we will miss you for sure...so sorry you can't make it.
Annie...LOL...love the " explode"!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Marcy, before we moved here, my mail carriers use to joke about putting a rope in the tree so they could swing through the "jungle". It's funny that my plants were taking up most of 1/4 acre and barely make an impression on 7.25 acres. LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I understand that perfectly, Chele! I guess mine make an impression because they are 'out front'..and quite 'in your face'...so to speak! But instead of just driving by, and then making comments...they should stop..'and smell the roses'.....LOL!!
ok...kitty just came to tell me that lunch is ready!

Waddy, KY

I know there are a lot of tomato experts here so I want to warn you that our extension people have already seen the blight in tomato plants this year. I'm not sure I didn't see some on two of the plants I set yesterday. I now have a bottle of Mancozeb in my posession to start spraying. They're recommending copper sprays for you organic folks.

Janet

Janet thanks for the heads up. I am going to the garden later this afternoon, and all the tomatoes will get a good physical!! Hmm, say copper is good too?

Just finished cleaning the pool, and I put some steak in the oven in mushroom gravy to become the entree at supper. Don't know what else I can get into, well yes I can, but it will have to wait till DH is done mowing the yard.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Yeh, it does take two to tango , you know,LOL Lou

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Anyone have any good ideas on an afternoon reception for our 50th anniversary???? I am trying to decide whether or not to just put an 'open house' in the local paper, and/or send invitations?? Also..if I did an open house, how would you judge the amount of food? Or even just cake and punch?
My kids are trying to help...but both the boys work a lot...and my daughter is in Florida. She won't be in until the night before the party. I think most of the preparation will fall on me...and I don't mind...it's just that I don't really know what to do?????? Help???????

(Zone 5b)

Wow, 50th anniversary, that is so wonderful!

Putting an ad in the paper is a good idea, so is smail and e-mail, and phone call invitations. Ask for an RSVP. We did that and then doubled the amount of food & beverages. Good thing we did because the turn out for my Mom and Dad's 50th was unbelievable. A lot of people don't RSVp, they just figure you know they'll come LOL.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2010 3:37 PM

Lou, lol, I think the banjo player died at our house!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

who needs the dumb banjo player??? Two's company, three is a crowd.!! LOL--- LOU

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, Bonnie, I'm not exactly sure what that statement means.... :o(

Ric, meant to say thank you so much for sharing that video on Memorial Day....surely does remind you what we are honoring on that day.

If anyone needs anything nuked at the RU, my folks live just a minute away and I could run there to use theirs.

Okay, back to the weeds!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm so confused....

hey all
busy day.
you all have been so busy.
Funny that people don't RSVP anymore ? i hate that. Its like its a burden or something.

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

OMG Marcy! 50th anniversary! That's wonderful...and longer than I have been alive :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

OUCH! lol!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

It's ok Ric...I told ya I married when i was 12!! :):)

Well shoot I lost a long post.

Joyce I think Lou's mind went to the gutter there for a bit this afternoon. I said that I had some things to do after DH finished mowing the yard, and she went dirty on me.

I went for my walk first thing this morning, and then had to go to the bank and do a few other errands. After I got back, vacuumed the pool and cleaned it again. Then DH and I cleaned the garage. We are having my missionary ladies group this Thursday night for a fish fry, and it looked like a metal factory had exploded in there. Our garage has a large apron, with an overhang, and I am planning to set up the tables there, because the WL's are saying rain. At least the overhang will give some protection.

We had a broken hose on the pool, and when I was at the pool store a couple of weeks ago, I bought a new hose so it was fixed in a jiffy.

Tomorrow is grocery/errand day, and that usually takes me about 4 hours.

Toni, are you ALL moved? Sue, are you all done potting up plants? I noticed I have some Bradford pear sprouts coming up, do you want them at the RU?

Marcy, I agree, most folks don't bother with an RSVP anymore. Don't know if they just don't know what that means, or they are just lazy. I agree with Annie? about getting an approximate number, and then adding to it. If you have left overs, plan something that can be frozen well. Did you have anything in mind or are you just fishing for ideas?

Well, just had two neighbor kids stop by and took a dip in the pool. They had been working in tobacco, and just wanted to cool off. Bet when they hit that water, that did the job!!

I am off to bed shortly. Didn't sleep well last night, and hope that it will be a better night tonight.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Marcy put down a RSVP for 200 from DG..... I posted it as an RU! LOL!
Dave you little cradle robber you.....lol!

Lou, Robyn and I were rolling!
Bonnie definitely got Got! lol!

Man we need some rain.
I had to go out and put saucers under all the containers today.
The Brugs are wilting in the heat!
But budding up nicely so......
We have blossoms on all the tomato plants!

Well, I KNOW where my mind was, and it wasn't in that direction. Now you are going to make me paranoid about posting anything.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lou seldom posts but when she does....
I'd watch my back at the RU Lou..... lol!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

When I grew tons of brugs in pots in full sun, I just watered them good at night and sometimes hit them with the shower wand or mist in the warmer part of the day and they always did fine and bloomed like mad.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Chele!

These definitely need repotted.
But I just have to remember to hit them every night.
Too big to put saucers under them.
No garden space left to ground them...lol!

This message was edited Jun 1, 2010 10:06 PM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

OOOHHHHHHH I get it now.....okay, so maybe I'm a little slow....

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I surely do hope you all will still be at the park around 3 pm??
Just really looked at the invitation to SIL's anniversary dinner, and it's at 1 pm..instead of 12 noon like I thought. Geezzz. We shall gobble our food down and be on our way...lol..if I can tear Dave away from the smorgasboard!!!
Yeah, Bonnie, I was looking for ideas. I guess if not many RSVP...I may as well just put it in the local paper, and let them all come!! LOL! Was talking to an old neighbor of ours last night at the gas station, and she asked where it was going to be held. I told her the community center in town, and she says..ok..what time? LOL...I told her...don't know yet...she says..well put it on facebook and let me know. We will be there!!
Well.it has rained here already this morning, then sun came out..and now it's clouding back up again! I guess that's ok though, since I have to clean and and also hem a pr of pants. I'll be lucky to get outside today at all!
And Joyce, if you are slow..then I am slower...cause it all lost me!!

Bonnie thanks on the offer but i think i will decline on the pears. Just don't have it in my at the moment LOL
Yes i got some more plants coming in. Got more potting mix. Sure wish i had more space out in the feild. that would save me time and money .
not very much rain here yet. i sure hope we get some soon. my garden is dry dry dry.
i realy need mulch soon ! that will help it .
bbl

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Whew... it's hot! A friend who has a small winery was here for almost 4 hours, and we worked in the sun digging raspberry plants for them. I think we dug more than a hundred... along with maybe a hundred daffodil bulbs where the roots were intertwined, and maybe a thousand tiny muscari bulbs. I will have lots of work to do to replant the bulbs and get the brick edging back in place... but not before it gets a whole lot cooler! I need to get the sprinkler on that area later... it is dry as an old bone.

She took all the frozen raspberry concentrate I had, and will trade it for wine. I had about 12-14 quarts, and lots of berries coming on the canes out in my garden.

I just squeezed a lime into some ice water... found all the scratches from the rasp. canes, LOL.

sitting and doing some research on Ornamental Grasses. So far i have two cool season one and i can't find the other . I am thinking its a warmer season one ? Karl Foerster .

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Karl Foerster is the first up and first to plume.
Does well in clay.... well OK in clay....lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.