Look what I found!!!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

He everyone, I was walking around a wooded area exploring Native plants to my region when I came across these little guys in full bloom! I was amazed and knew I had to find out what they were. I researched them and found out they are known as a Leather flower clematis. Does anyone know anything about these? I think I will go back soon and check for seeds or small seedlings. There were TONS of them and I have never seen them before!

Here is a link to the plant

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/705/

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

Wow, is that pretty!!! Why don't I have that stuff here???? Thanks for sharing!

BTW, if you can scrounge up a couple extra, I would be more than willing to pay you for postage, etc.! I looked and they are supposed to grow in my area!!! If not, I appreciate you sharing your little gem, anyway! :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

HAHAHA Hi Susie, I will see what I can do for ya. The ones growing wild here are the dark purple ones. I will keep in touch with ya about it.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

You're a goddess!!! :) We have lots of the goldenrod growing wild here if you'd like some hay fever! Hee-Hee!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmmmm, I dont know if I am a goddess (my name is Brandon) ;) LOL But I know what ya mean, and nah Ill pass on the Goldenrod lol

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

I always use "goddess..." Don't worry- it's a gender neutral term with me! You, too, Brandon, can be a goddess! :) Just what you always wanted, huh? :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.