will want Columbine seeds - tall

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I love the tall yellow and pink columbines but would love any seeds when they are ready - for exchange or postage.

Kathy

Tuskegee, AL(Zone 8a)

I believe you want Aquilegia canadensis. I've moved since I collected those seeds, but I might still be able to find them. I know I have double purple ones, if you're interested, and, possibly, some white.

I'd be interested in any Sparkler-series Cleome.

I have plenty of other seeds and would discuss a wider trade, if you'd like.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Kathy, good thing I saw this I was just thinking of dead heading again already have once I have the 'Yellow Star' tall and beautiful I'll save you some seeds I don't need any in return :) How many do you want?

They germinate really well I just pitched some last year and almost all came up by fall but they aren't blooming this year and are only about ten inches high right now.

http://www.finegardening.com/plantguide/aquilegia-chrysantha-yellow-columbine.aspx

Forgot to put the link in :)

This message was edited May 30, 2010 3:58 PM

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

I have hundreds of columbines that have sprung up from seeds that I just threw around last autumn. There are tall dark blues, very light blues , a few shell pinks, some very light yellows. and various in betweens. Some are Bidemeyres ( I',m not sure of the spelling), ( up facing) Some are the results of McCanna hybrids hybridizing etc.
I have to go out and mark them right now, because they are passing out of bloom and I won't remember which is which. If you are interested let me know and I will send some to you, hopefully marked with what the parent plant was. Of course there is no guarantee that the seeds will duplicate the parent.

Tuskegee, AL(Zone 8a)

Aquilegia canadensis:

http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/plant-of-the-week/aquilegia_canadensis.shtml

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

To all above - please share your seeds. I will pay shipping or have cleome to share this fall - all are planted this year. I have other seeds to trade too.

SilkKnoll I will make sure to save you seeds - but also keep me on your list to remind me.

Lebug - miss our coops! Great to hear from you and would love any you have and will gladly trade or pay postage.

arfitz
You really have a knowledge of variety of columbines. I love them. Let me know what you would like in trade.

ALL - I have Scarlet Runner Beans & Painted Lady beans now. I have some India Nastursums (spelling sucks) that I purchased and haven't used all of - so let me know. I have Old man on the Mountain, Hollyhocks (black), yellow tiny Morning Glory that bloom in the day, and some others but would need to look.

This is my favorite this year........
Kathy (I'm in the address exchange and let me know what you would like in trade)

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

See my message from yesterday. What have you got to trade?

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I don't want anything in exchange it's just a thanks for all those wonderful coops. I'll just send them when I get them and you enjoy them as much as I do :)

Lea

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Kathy, I would love some of your Painted Lady beans & some of those Pink & Yellow Columbines :) I have some freshly collected Columbine seeds. Please see my have list & let me know if you would like to trade with me. Thank you.

ants

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

arfitz
What are you looking for? That will help me decide what I can trade for seeds.

Lebug - thanks and I do miss doing coops here. They were so much fun.

Ants,
I can't collect columbine seeds because it rains like crazy for 10 minutes every day. I'll have some - I hope before long and will send them. I'll get you some painted lady beans out this week.

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Ok. Thank you Kathy. Will get yours out this week also.

ants

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Ants. I do have some that I snagged off poor, neglected plants at Walmart from the pale yellow columbines. I'll look up the names and post that for you. I can send those.

Kathy

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I don't mind waiting for the pink/yellow :)

ants

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Kathy your 'yellow star' columbine seeds went out like day before yesterday forgot to let you know ;) I'd forget my head if it weren't attached!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dear. I'll get you postage. I need to mail out postage to others. I'll have peony poppy seeds soon if you want some kids.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

the center

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Those poppies are beautiful! I have some columbine seeds that I picked off a mother plant at a Culvers :) I have no idea what color they are but I would be more than willing to send you some :)

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Gosh those poppies have huge blooms! I don't need any postage Kathy just enjoy!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

That peony poppy was pooped out. I'll take some pictures of a fresh bloom and of the carnation type peony poppy. I love these plants. Short lived bloom but so amazing in patches.

Kathy

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I've never tried poppies I do have some of those large orange poppies with the black in the center of them, I have seeds but always forget to pitch them out seems like it would be too hot now for them don't know much about them though but always thought they were spring bloomers or before it got hot anyway that's the way mine are that I have.

When I was selling plants this lady brought me a real pretty pink fluffy poppy I planted it but it never came back they are so hard to transplant I knew it was too big to make it but really wanted it.

Oh yes when you get a picture I would love to see it :)

My beds probably aren't in as good as shape as yours Kathy if I pitch seeds out for the poppies I'm afraid I would pull them for weeds! I'm always planting and pulling weeds at the same time :) I used to do the leaf beds but the voles think that is a welcome mat so I don't do them any more.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

lebug,
Let me send you some poppy seeds when they are ready. You just need to put some wire or string with 4 sticks around one summy spot even 2 x2 ft square. You will love them and even the seed pods are cool. Remind me............they dry in fall I guess. Dust them over the last snow you think you'll get.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Ok Kathy you've talked me into it I'll look forward to them thank you lol I have a pink spot in my side yard they would look good in :)

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL you're so easy.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

You can look at my yard and tell I'm too darn easy :) Plus my fridge :) My seeds need a fridge of their own lol

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Kathy are you still looking for columbine seeds? I have a tall pink one that should have seeds still out there. Of course all my columbines are op.
Bev

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

fish - what's op ? brain fart.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Still kinda dicey around here. What about you?

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

op ~ open pollenated :)

Kathy did you get the seeds yet?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes and thanks so much. I'm so darn rushed trying to get ready to leave town tomorrow that I can't catch up on DG. Won't be on here for 7 days.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks LeBug, lol! Having a brain fart, too. Read that as 'up'.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

You're welcome tggfisk ;)

Have a safe trip Kathy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.