Preparing for retirement - qualms

Madison, AL

My husband and I are in the final stretch before retirement (now planned for Dec 2011). Everything we do seems to be prefaced with "when we retire". Although that should be liberating, it is making me quite nervous. Money should not be an issue (although who knows what can happen) and our health is fine now (who knows what we can develop by then), so there is not a concrete worry. Maybe it is just the uncertainty of such a major life change. We have both worked since we were children and the thought of not having a "JOB" is scary. Has anyone else has these worries and how did you handle them? Maybe I just cannot believe anyone would send us a check each month when we did not get up and go hustle for it each day.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!