Help cone flower bunch

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

How do I save this bunch of purple cone flowers that the neighbor dug up and brought over ...he is selling his house and wanted me to have a bunch ........ do I separate them? they are just sitting on a pile of dirt out of the sun and i watered them with some miracle grow..should i break some apart and try to root some.....i do see some buds on some stems,,,,please don't tell me I'm going to lose the whole bunch =(

JM

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

I posted two pics......But, i'm not sure where they when too?

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Plant them asap. Do not try to divide them this time of the year. They are under stress probably from being dug and moved. Plant them and water them as soon as possible.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Agreed. Since its been hot up there you might also want to protect them with a little bit of shade once planted. Not implying that you plant them in shade, but maybe put something in the area that will block them from getting too much sun right now. I've done that with other things when I've hurried them into the ground before letting them adjust to their new home. It just temporarily removes one of the factors that can further stress the plant.

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

here is the pic

Thumbnail by janemarierose
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

They look ok to me. I would just leave them as be for now and keep them in part sun. If they seem to still be fine in a few days, to a week, then plant them where you would like to.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I agree looks pretty good for being moved from it's happy home. I would plant it as soon as possible, give it a good drink and let it settle in. It may be wilted looking at first but it will adjust in a few days.

Boston, MA

They look OK to me too. Good luck, it looks like a big bunch of coneflowers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.