rodent trouble

Sanford, MI

I have a problem with something tearing up my flower garden every night. It digs around plants, rocks and out in the open area. The holes are not big, but there is alot of them. I thought maybe it was looking for grubs. If I don't figure this out, I'm in for a ruff summer. Someone out there must have had the same problem at one time or another. Any comments on this thing?

Thank you, Bill

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hows your chipmunk population ??? I'm over run with them !!! thats what it usually is here . little buggers are every where this year
Gloria

p.s. cooking out on Sunday around 2 ;0)

Sanford, MI

Gloria,
We have alot of chipmunks during they day. What ever the little critter is comes at night. It is digging around the plants to the roots and any where there is a rock. We sprayed for ants yesterday, lifting all the rocks, and put grub killer in the open areas. We must have really mad it angry , because this morning when we got up, what a mess. I think it was trying to tell us something. We have alot of chipmunk holes but they just run around messing with Jill.....

Bill & Linda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hummmm then may be you have voles ! I only see them in the night scared the h--- out of me the other night when I was pulling weeds other than that look for skunks opposum and coons LOL
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm sorry. I know how upsetting this is for you. If it were me, I'd set my trap for it. I have one of those have-a-hart traps. Bait it with something yummy like tunafish and see what's in it when you wake up in the morning. Then if you think you've caught the culprit take it for a very long ride and release.

You can also broadcast a fertilizer called Milorganite around your bed. Many animals are put off by this. Also blood meal is a good deterrant.

Good luck.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

moles are in full force right now.... do you have little tunnels raised through the mulch?? also this is gonna sound silly but the birds"robins" tear up my landscaping looking for bugs, worms ect.ect. to feed there babies.

I'm thinking moles since they are rotten lil vermin looking to feed on grubs... and tear up the root system in the process, if you notice the roots are eaten then the "voles" do that... moles are carnivorous....

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 5b)

I am thinking it might be skunks. Skunks dig shallow holes looking for moisture-rich roots. In Macomb County, we are having a lot of problems with skunks this year. Maybe the same for Midland County. Wish I had a solution to your problem, but I don't!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I think skunks also.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

We saw a big mouse in our fenced in garden spot. Hubby put the two barn cats in there for about an hour. It was hot and I told him to go let them out since there is no water in there. Out they came. Ethyl had a the dead mouse dangling from her mouth. :) Good kitty!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.