3rd contest for unclaimed box of Tod's 2009 dahlias

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

One requester did not respond to multiple d-mails for name and address for their box of dahlias, so I am offering it in a 3rd contest. I checked the content, it looks OK. There are only two remaining contestants, so there is 50% odds of winning for them. The contestants are:

janemarierose
huneybunch_2000

This will hopefully be short and sweet - guess the number I am thinking of between 1 and 10. The closest to the number will win the box. If the both contestants pick numbers equally close, I will have to come up with a second number and they will guess again. Should be just one guess each. but we'll see.

PS - I would have enough for both, but one dahlia seller has not sent my order yet due to unfortunate circumstances (they are late and doing them in order). Should they come through with a good part of the order, I may have enough for another box, but I am not holding out much hope on that.

Have at it!

This message was edited May 28, 2010 9:49 PM

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 10a)

Homestead? Just curious....

Yes. And one of the most amazing eclectic selections I have ever devised. Hope I get some of them at least.

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

i guess is 6...... so exciting

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

My guess is 3

3 is actually the number, you win, huneybunch_2000! Please d-mail me your name and address, I'll mail it Tuesday morning.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Thank you Tod for the tubers and for being such a generous person.. I would be more than glad to cover the postage???

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

OH darn! Congrads!!! Thank you Tod for the chance to play, like i said I love contest and games!!! Maybe next year I'll be the winner of some tubers!! wooohooo!!!!

JM

Boise, ID

I hate seeing people get left out. I've dispersed most tubers out that I had bought for my friends but I have a few left if you'd like some janemarierose, let me know and I'll send a few your way.

Just finishing up planting tomorrow, I'll see if I have some left.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I offered to divide my winnings with her but Tod said he had some he would send her because I feel exactly the same way..If he doesnt then I to will share mine with her!

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

Please here on DG are all so nice, this is really my first year of gardening.....

I'd be happy with just one or two bulbs...since I'm a first timer... =)

This way I'm not overwhelmed either.....

JM

I think I have a bunch for you, janemarierose. I actually bought a lot of Breck's just to get something called See Wood Glorie, which was not available except as a package. If it actually is Sellwood Glory as I suspect I will be miffed :) But I have Kenora Macop B, Seattle, Way of Life, etc, etc. Plus I have some other nice ones.

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

OMG! Thank you so much! Can I send you some money for postage?

JM

Boise, ID

Sellwood Glory is a great heirloom dahlia nonetheless, and yeah, I've seen it sold with some weird but very similar names.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.