Just Say NO!!! Wish I could

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a fabricholic.

I had an extra 30 minutes for lunch today, so I went to Joann's to see what they had from Debbie Mumm for 50% off for Memorial Day.... the sale started today and of course it would all be gone if I waited. It didn't help that I had a coupon for an additional 10% off the entire purchase (not including coupon items, but including sale and non-sale items). I saw a music-themed print in 'my colors' of rusts and rich deep greens as base colors. I then found four beautiful coordinating prints with music staffs, instruments, etc. that are carried in the first print. Great fabrics to try a 'Turning Twenty' pattern that I got when in Kentucky.

I decided on five yards of the main print, but there wasn't that much extra on the bolt, so I took it all...... then took all the remaining bolts of the other 4. I also took five yards of a D.M. children's fabric for backing baby quilts for my 'stash'.

Now, I know that 3 yards of each would have sufficed and lasted me a while (most had six to a bit over yards prior to taking my original 5), but I fell for the patterns and colors. And at 60% off, I could JUSTIFY the extra yardage.

Get behind me Satan......... is there a 12 step program for quilters?

This thread has 109 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!