Is this a bloom starting ?

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Is this a bloom starting ?

Thumbnail by froggie_adg

Mmmm, can't tell from your photo. Does it look fuzzy? Or a tiny curl is a leaf. Use binoculars backwards

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Yes it does look fuzzy. It seems to be growing quickly so hope to get a better pic tomorrow.

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

What color adenium is it? I can't really tell by your pic honestly if that is a bud or not, you will know soon enough for sure!

Thumbnail by PurePlants
New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

It is a bloom starting. Im so happy. Not sure which one it is. I bought several at once and the name sticks got mixed up. Its going to be a surprise! Its one of the 65 I purchased.

Decatur, GA

65 plants? Wow. Are they all different? How big are they? I would like to see a group shot!
Helen

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I had seedlings sprout this weekend. I added 5 Big Red, 3 Black Fire, 2 Fire Fox, 3 Red Dragon, 2 Thunder Bird, 3 Diamond Pink and 2 Snow Peach. All the seedlings are in the windowsill once they move outside I can start more. This is a pic of my adenium family. I started growing adenium 2 years ago and they quickly became my favorite. I want 1 of all of them.

Thumbnail by froggie_adg

Hmm, Froggie, you do know they don't look like the parent from seed? But they'll be nice. I have dozens and dozens coming up. I'll keep a few that I like the most, and sell the rest.

Good luck to you! (and me!)

Melissa

Thumbnail by
New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I would rather have the swollen cauldex. I keep one of each and sell the others. I just love all of them.Plumeria is my other weakness.

Arabicums are more "caudexy" than Obseum, which are flowerdy. Google Siam Adenium. Wow!

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I have ordered a Black Knight arabicum seedling. Im still new to all the varieties. I have collected seeds from everywhere. If im not mistaken some of mine are arabicum seeds. I bought Black Fire last year is there a Black Fire in obesum?

Yes, almost all arabicums have pink flowers. I think one has white. It's the obseums that are being bred for the flowers. I think I even heard of someone getting a near blue flower from a Black Fire seedling. It bleached in the sun, tho'.

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the info. I am excited to see what I get. This is a pic of my favorite White DR

Thumbnail by froggie_adg
New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

This is my favorite of my Doakajay.

Thumbnail by froggie_adg
New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

My baby Black Fire.

Thumbnail by froggie_adg

They're all NICE!!!

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

YAY!!! It was a bloom starting. How long do you think before it opens? Im not patient at this point I am excited. Its my first bloom ever!

Thumbnail by froggie_adg

LOL, probably a week. I have one about the same, let's race!

Thumbnail by
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Glad it is a bloom! Sometimes mine take almost two weeks to finally open, don't know what it depends on though. I have almost 50 different colors of seedlings going this year, I can't wait until they all start blooming together! Last year I did not do AS many (still had over 100 seedlings total) and it was so neat when they were maturing/blooming together... I think that I remeber you saying somewhere you had a lot of seedlings too so you will know what I am talking about one of these days, mine started blooming about 7months but some took longer. Keep the pics coming! :)

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Patience thats what it takes

Arlington, TX

If only I could keep 100 plants! But when they have to come in for the winter, that becomes difficult.

C

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Yes winter is rough. Window shelves work great! I only have 5 windows in my house that gets sun so I had to be creative. My greenhouse is heated but its also full of plumeria in the winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.