Deodorant crud

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

My husband must have a rather strange pH because his work shirts end up with pit crud, as we call it, from his deodorant. He has tried every deodorant on the market and I have tried every cleaner there is out there to get rid of it, plus soaking in vinegar, baking soda and vinegar, rubbing with baby wipes, toothbrush with toothpaste, scratching it off with a knife, you name it, I have probably tried it. His work shirts only last a year and they are expensive. I would like to have a way to get rid of the crud. It's hard and white, like dried plaster. Hot water doesn't help, it only fades the shirt. I thought it was the polyester in the shirts, but then they went to cotton and it's still the same.
Does anyone have any solutions for me? When you buy 10 shirts a year at over $30 apiece, it's expensive.
Thanks

Thumbnail by Ruth
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!