Apropos of Nothing v.14

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096670/

This thread can't be derailed because there's no topic. HA!

For those who were talking books and recommendations of such- Katie59 started a new thread for that here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101073/

Photo: This is the bedraggled little hosta I got at the RU last year. It sure is happy now! And the cute frog that Tracy bought for me at an antiques/collectables shop when we were in Chehalis on Sunday. :)

Thumbnail by the1pony
Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Rain, baby, rain! Need all the plants watered in!!!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I LOVE that blue globe frog. Oh, I'm obsessed with having one for myself. Must find a way to Chehalis.

I'm trying to find the positive side of all this rain by doing some indoor projects. This is one of my latest 'creations'. I gave it to my sister for her birthday. I'm making some larger ones with colors in the cream/rice/white shades.

Thumbnail by
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Is it a stepping stone? Love the pattern.

Kennel would be used for--each dog having it's own space and run in case their owner went on vacation, they would not have to stay in their house alone. They would be in a familiar place with everyone visiting and playing with them. So if you had five dogs you wouldn't need five people to take care of them.

It's a lamp. It's made from a round glass shade I found at goodwill, and extra tile from my bathroom for the base.

Willow, I think this was the only one they had in the shop. She did have a couple of smaller ladybug ones, but I didn't see any other frogs. I have no idea what the name of the shop was, but I can try to find out if you want.

Pixy, that lamp is fabulous! I adore unusual lamps. Used to collect, but parted with most of them over the last few years. I do still have some of my favorites though. :)

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

Willow- glad everything came out ok!
My thoughts are with Lynn as well!
Count me in for the lobotomy group discount!!
I've always thought that a family compound/trailer park would be dandy....that way all responsibilities pertaining to the elders/children would be shared. (especially as our elders become more elderly)

Woah- a truck carrying approximately 17 million bees crashed in Minnesota. I'll bet the gardens around there will be buzzing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37320676/ns/us_news/?Gt1=43001

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Wish that truck would've crashed by me. Although I expect that they will mostly perish. It's tougher for honeybees to crash a commune than it is for meerkats.

Pix, I am in line for whatever you make next, I don't care whether it's a doorstop or pet rock.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Okay, last post for me til next Wed. I think it will take me a month of Sundays to catch up if I ever do. Have a great week everyone!!!

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Jan! :)

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks pony but don't go out of your way. If you happen to find outthename I will call them.

Willow, I'll ask Tracy. He bought a forge blower from the guy who owns the place (off Craigslist) so he probably still has the info in his email. :)

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

willow, here is a wire artist I used to run into at art fairs & I have some of her stuff (in fact, the words were my idea!)

http://www.kiaralinda.com/studio/AluminumWire/index.htm

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Drama today:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101381/

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Katie, that was posted back in February.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Seems to remain ongoing, though, there are lots of very recent posts.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Really? In the links I checked, the most recent posts were February. Wierd.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Never mind. I was on the wrong link!

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Oh wow. I predict a loss of subscribers over this.

Sad thing is, subscribers leaving won't really hurt them. New ones will show up to take their places. It's the way of the intarwebz.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Except why else would they be going after the 'bits?

I got the impression (and I could be totally wrong) that there was some coding used that they felt they owned...? I dunno. I signed up over at that other place ages ago, but never really looked around.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Tough to discuss here -- at least one thread I'm aware of was threatened with deletion, and I have no desire to risk our little "A proposityness."

I'm too busy freaking out over real life stuff- I don't have the energy to get upset over a website.

I actually used an umbrella today for the first time in years. It was pouring so hard I just couldn't walk around in it without one. Ugh.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

We're on track to be the coldest spring ever. Thanks, Oregon.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Three inches of rain last week, another inch and a half since Monday.....sigh

very neat lamp Pixy-is that paint or paper?

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Pony, that's funny about the umbrella. My son made the observation that his Asian college friends always had an umbrella at the ready, while all the native PNWers just slogged through the rain. He would look at them and think, wow, they're dry, how simple is that. But...I don't even own an umbrella. Wonder what's up with that?

I always own several umbrellas, but never think to use them. I just happened to have this one in the truck because I took it to that plant sale on my birthday- but then it stopped raining, and the umbrella got tossed behind the seat.

When I got to Lowe's today, it was pouring so hard I almost decided to drive away rather than walk around the uncovered garden center- but then I remembered I had the umbrella, and used it. What a concept- staying relatively dry... huh.

Ah, I pleased Summerkid! That makes me feel good, artist that she is.
Sue, I got a little crazy at the paper store. That's a handmade paper covering the shade. All blues and greens and waviness with a splash of metallic gold. I fell in love. The tiles are leftovers from my bathroom.

Okay, Kathy, I looked at the thread and, as per usual, had to open my big mouth and express my opinion. I take my chances with the slobbering mob.

My husband surprised me with a new dragonfly umbrella yesterday. My other one broke and we couldn't fix it. So he bought me another. Sweet man that he is...

This message was edited May 26, 2010 8:56 PM

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

You please me in many ways, Pix-person. Yer quite the gem.

LOL!

Gwen posted this somewhere else, and I think we need to have it here. Scientists will enjoy this informative video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0foMKAxCww

LOL! I have to show that to Tracy. Years ago, he owned a house and he worked very hard at making the lawn perfect. But moles started tearing it up, and it became a huge battle. He was ranting to his housemate about it one day, and he was so mad that he accidentally replaced the word "moles" with "gnomes". So here he is cussing a blue streak about how the stupid gnomes are tearing up his beautiful lawn, he's got to find a way to get rid of these gnomes... the housemate looked at him with her head tilted to the side, and in a confused little voice she said "...gnomes?"

Only then did he realize what he had been saying. And just about died laughing. :)

OOH, I think he saw through the mole's disguise to the gnomes beneath!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Maybe it's a coordinated effort? Moles AND gnomes? That video was hilarious.

Pix, oh, I love art paper, so beautiful and so very, very, hard to resist :) How many lamps are you making?

I'm making two others. Have them covered but haven't decided on the base for them yet. Those tiles are too small for the larger globes. I could get addicted to art paper.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

My DD does that paper. She uses it for scrapbooking and card making. Creates some very pretty papers.

I showed Tracy the video this morning. He says he feels vindicated. LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.