Need ID please.

Arlington Heights, IL

I have an iris that was one o my uncle's favorites. It kind of looks like *American Classic*, but also looks alot like
*Ink Patterns*. This iris is probably 25-30 years old, I think. Would really like to know its background and/or real name.

Thumbnail by dirtface
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

You must understand it is very difficult to identify an iris from a photo. I am quoting a very good expert Iris friend of mine. You could go on line, purchase similar irises and grow them and see if any are a match. I know because I have 5 different irises that look just like that iris. That is how I had to identify my irises.

Boaz, KY

Hi Sharon -- Dirtface's uncle is my Dad, and I'm the reason that she's trying to find out the identity of this Iris. I sent her a rhizome thinking she would just enjoy it, as I do, but she's on a quest! And now -- I am too. Can you tell us the names of your five that look like this? We can research it from there!! Thanks for your response!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

It looks like Jesse's Song to me...introduced in 1979. I can't see the beard in this photo though to see if it is the same as Jesse's Song.

Boaz, KY

OK -- here's another picture of it. And I'm pretty sure it's a 1970's era species.

Thumbnail by Muddymitts
Boaz, KY

And one more..................

And now I'm heading over to plant-files to check out Jesse's Song!

Thumbnail by Muddymitts
Boaz, KY

I think it's a match.

Arlington Heights, IL

Here's a picture of the beard for the iris in question. But I think Muddymitts is right.
Jesse's Song - what a pretty name.

Thumbnail by dirtface
Boaz, KY

I love it!! And I'm so excited -- an orphan has been named!! :-D Thanks for pursuing this, Dirtface!!

Now -- when are you gonna post the photo of MY uncle's Iris? ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.