Could this be Immortality?

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

It is tall, sturdy, fragrant, inside 3 doo-hickeys are all white, beard, white to near orange near the top.

Thumbnail by caitlinsgarden
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Here is another view:

Thumbnail by caitlinsgarden
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I have Immortality but a CLOSE Up really would help i.e.beard .Maybe you can take a picture from each side and also the top.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Immortality is 'supposed' to rebloom, give it extra water this summer and see if it does. If it does, then I would say it is that. If it doesn't, then it still could be that or be anything else!

South Hamilton, MA

Check plant files. I think I remember that the beard on Immortality is yellow.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

check Diamond Bracelet.

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Immortality has yellow beards and is not 'tall'......about 29-30 inch. One of my shorter Iris.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Hmmm....The one I have was supposed to be something else, but it is beautiful and enduring whatever it is!

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

my immortality stays short, not even 30 inches, more like 18

I guess that might depend on the soil ect.

South Hamilton, MA

It certainly doesn't have lots of frills.

best way to find out is to buy Immortality and compare at bloom time

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Well, I canpretty much assume that it isn't immortality! Is there a source somewhere that lists irises by various attributes?

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Here is my Immortality (close up). Mine is not real tall, may be 20 inches and it's not that big like yours. Yours are beautiful though. However, I do have a white iris that is pretty big and falls over w/o support. Let me see if I can find photo.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Here is my Lacy Snowflake. I don't know how anyone can tell the difference between all the whites. Thank goodness I labeled them.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I took a picture of the very center of my Immortality. Maybe this will help.

Thumbnail by mittsy
South Hamilton, MA

Note that Immortality has yellow beards.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter what it is, (It was SUPPOSED to be Octoberfest) but it is a real winner, whatever it is. It is up to my nose this year, very sturdy and well placed branches (I don't know how they count branches, but to my eyes there were 5 branches with double socketed blooms on my largest plant. It has a center like the photograph above, and the beards are light yellow to orange at the center. It has a pleasant fragrance, what more could I ask? Oh, it has survived the borer wars for 30+ years. It was one of the first irises I ever bought.
It now has a name:
"Gift of Angels noid"

South Hamilton, MA

Great.

well, just enjoy it. It sounds beautiful. May they multiply so you can share.... :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.