HELP! Help me name my scarecrow!!!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm asking all of you from notheast of somewhere for help with naming my lady scarecrow. I've gone through lists of names but can't decide - decisions, decisions, decisions!!! Here are some ideas I have come up with:
Mildred
Millie
Alma
Anabelle
Betsy
Elsie
Zelda
Esmeralda
Hettie
Earlene
Nellie
Gertie
Persephone
Philomena
Porsha
Willamina
Hortense (meaning garden)
Flora (meaning flower)
I had many more names on the original list but have narrowed it down to these. Any and all ideas and opinions are welcome!
Thanks, Eleanor
p.s. - I found the idea in a magazine. Jenn was going to have me commited if I'd come up with the idea of the lady scarecrow on my own. Some people just don't know how to have fun - LOL!!

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I vote for Flora!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I do agree that 'Flora' is perfect! She is a real cutie by the way!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I love her!! How creative!! My first thought was 'Viola" as it looks like those in the basket on her arm, but 'Flora' is perfect...covers everything!!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Isn't she wonderful! You did good with her. I agree Flora is a good fit. What is in the top pot for her hair?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

What does Colin like? I think Flora is perfect, also. It just rolls off the tongue.

I knew I count on you guys. Flora it is!! Colin likes Flora too and he can say it. I hadn't thought of Viola and that would have been a good name also. She might not have pansies in her basket all summer, so Flora would cover everything. Flora has allysum (is that spelled right) in the top container. It is the taller variety that grows 6-12 inches so I'm hoping it will trail down over the container a little. Thanks for the help!! Eleanor

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I was going to say Flora too, nice!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cute!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Lizzie! (As in Borden - here she had a wee little accident. ^_^)

That's axident Victor!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Hee hee!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.