Armadillos

Gravois Mills, MO

How is everyone doing with the Armidillo invasion. On the way to St Charles last week we seen 3 dead along the hwy 54 north of Jeff City. furthest up I have seen them yet.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I haven't seen any around here yet this year. I think the local dogs would make one feel more than slightly unwelcome. There are a couple hound breeders/hunters in the neighborhood along with some family dogs who hunt a lot. My mutts are basically house dogs. 2 are rather elderly and 2 are younger but not successful hunters tho they do get moles/voles sometimes.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

I haven't seen any armadillos around here yet. Hi, EvaMae, I haven't seen you in a while.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

None here yet either. So far so good and I hope that doesn't come back and bite me later. lol

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Someone on another forum has 4 juvies if you want to adopt some....rofl.... They probably all retreated last winter, it wasn't exactly a nice winter.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I saw one as roadkill the other day too.. First one north of the Missouri River that I have seen..

Gravois Mills, MO

KathyJo---- The past winter really delivered a punch to the Armadillo population in Missouri. They do not store food and have to forage regularly. We have been down to Springfield 2 times in the past week and only seen one road kill. But they will return you can bet on it because our winters or milder now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.