New raised bed

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I've just had the wood delivered to reconstruct my raised beds. The previous ones only lasted about 6 -7 years and the wood literally rotted away. This time it will be much sturdier. I'm hoping to start it this weekend so will post some pictures of progress.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

That's great G!
I am telling everyone I am making a new rock garden this summer (so I can't back out of it).

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Rick

Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Looking forward to it, Galanthophile... as I'm sure you are too!

That's right, we're holding you to it, Rick... LOL! (Don't worry, it's when the raw materials are delivered - sitting there in a big, expectant pallet in the alley, or worse, taking up the driveway, or blocking all the paths in the yard - that the rubber has to hit the road. ;-) )

Well I think I was patient waiting a week to plant up! I'm going to experiment this summer with a few vegetable plants in the taller bed - I might get one or two meals out of it....! The other I've reserved for my alpines and one or two special shade plants (trillium, Jeffersonia and Asarum). The smaller bed and sink need a top dressing of gravel but this is what it looks like so far.

Thumbnail by Galanthophile

Vegetable bed

Thumbnail by Galanthophile
somewhere, PA

Wow - I missed this thread. How's the construction? All done/
The ones you posted look terrific! What material did you use
to edge them?

tam

My brother in law got the wood for me from lengths of wood that had been used before at his place of work so I got it all for free and he even got it cut for me! All I had to do was paint it and screw it together. I'm really pleased with it. I'll take some more photos asap. Tammy did you mean the wood or the gravel round the edge?

somewhere, PA

I meant the wood. I was wondering if it was a recycled material like Trex.
Now I understand - it didn't look like the color of raw wood but you mentioned
you painted it. So that explains it.

Will be looking forward to more pictures.
Tam

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.