Do I owe anyone anything?

Turner, OR

Hi all, I did a bunch of trades and then my son was put in the hospitol so I feel very far behind! I have sent off everything (I think) but if you have not recied it or a email please dmail me and I will get it out today!!!
Thanks
Marie

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Nothing to me. Hope your son is okay.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I don't know, Marie - what ya got! LOL Just kidding - wanted to say I hope everyone and all is back to normal.

Portland, OR

Ground orchid for me? Maybe you sent it this week though? Sorry to hear about your son.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Sent you a dmail! Hope your son is healing and feeling better, and your Gram too!

Turner, OR

Mailed your trade!!!!!!!

Fridley, MN(Zone 4b)

Sent you a dmail.

SAINT GEORGE, UT(Zone 9a)

Hi Marie,

I sent you double pompon and have not received the seeds you were going to send me.

Vicki

Kakucs, Hungary(Zone 6a)

Hi Marie,

Here is the same, I am still waiting for the seeds you were intended to send. I also sent you a dmail a week ago.

Daniel

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Marie...

Sent you a d-mail... Glad your son is getting better!!

Kelly

Elk Horn, KY

we were trading and havent recieved my end of trade yet. hope your son is better?

Gainesville, FL

Yes:
Actinida arguta 'issai'
Alyogyne heugelii
Annona diverisfolia
Araucaria araucana
Erythrina abyssinica
Erythrina humeana

Your plants/seeds were sent out May 4th.....................

Turner, OR

I will get out asap

Pittsburgh, PA

I sent many plants for a trade on April 16th, to date I have received nothing but excuses?????

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Yes,I sent you on May 4th:
Seeds:
primula japonica
rattlebox/red wisteria tree
tricyrtis
yellow ipomoea
mimosa pudica
fringed orchid
variegated plantian
hyacinth bean
chalic cup vine

and round headed rampion plants

you confirmed arrival on May 13

for seeds of:
black iris
Limey Ricky
orange jassimen
and a bulb for dbl. tiger lily

I've contacted you a couple of times and your last promise to send via UPS was May 27th.and I've still received nothing.

Hope all your family are well at last.

Happy gardening,

P

Turner, OR

I will mail monday! for sure

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I received what was to be a fern leaf peony but instead received something with no eyes so it's completely useless. I have not sent my items to you yet, but due to a trade being fair, I will send you something but really wish the root had eyes. We're not exactly sure it's even a peony.

Trading at DG, with many experienced traders is hard some times. We try to make everything very clear and detailed about trades, what is reasonable time limits WITH the exception of family emergencies - such as yours. I'm very sorry your son was injured and hope all is well.

I just wish, when you did take time out of your limited spare time, to send something that was viable. But I will send you some things out to be fair.
Kathy

Kakucs, Hungary(Zone 6a)

Marie,

I'm still waiting for the seeds you promised to send.
I sent you
Chimonanthus praecox
Passiflora coerulea
Ipomoea lobata
Trachycarpus fortunei
seeds

in exchange for:
Araucaria araucana
Papaver 'Lauren's Grape'
Senecio confusus
seeds

Daniel

Marie,

I'm still waiting for the resend of Pied piper seeds etc.

Vicki

Gainesville, FL

I think she has hit & run alot of us, she will likely be gone soon as today is the last day of her subscription, I don't have much hope in ever seeing my end of the trade.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

It's this kind of thing that makes the rest of us that have good track records reluctant to trade.

I'm still waiting.....with waning hope. I hope everything I sent grows well,w/ lots of flowers as a constant reminder of how they were obtain.

I understand family emergencies.Had weeks of test and a biopsy March thur April,then friend having heart attack and another passing un-expectantly but all my trades went out.The whole time I've been trying to get her end of trade and all the excuses,she's been in the trade forums looking for more trades. Seems if one is behind they wouldn't be working new trades until the ones owed are caught up.

P

Turner, OR

I have been on my lap top in and out of the hospitol with my 11 year old son who is recieving therapy because his body is rejecting a bone, that has no comparison to an adult with problems. I do feel bad that I have not got your trade out but am catching up as fast as I can. My mother is at home with my other children and she is helping me with getting every thing out. Concidering I had over 60 trades and sase's I think I have done ok. I come on the web site while I wait for him. if you would please dmail me what I owe you I will ask my mother to get it out today!
Marie

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm very sorry to hear about your son and wish him speedy and complete recovery....but really...we're old we can just lay down and die? And it doesn't explain why when you keep telling us about your family issues and keep promising to mail what you agreed on weeks later,you've been setting up more trades the entire time on the plant and seed forums when you should have been concentrating on catching up with what you already had out. You even contacted me on GW for more seeds when you were still promising to get what you owed me out asap.

I'll just write you off as a loss,put you on my "do not trade"list and carry on.

P

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I agree big red. I notified ADMIN right off the bat. She has made far to many promises, no one should have 60 trades at once for pity sake and to many threads she is STILL asking for trades.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I think we may be beating a dead horse.
May 13 ,confirmed receipt of seeds and told me of son's health issues and trying to catch up:

May 29 posted La.irises for
trade

May 31...Wanting seeds for Tropicals

June 8...Looking to trade wisteria cuttings

June 9...More irises to trade

'nough said,I'm unwatching this thread and posting my feedback.....and being very careful in the future of trading w/ newbees or anyone w/ 3 or more bad feedbacks

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

I too am waiting on my end of a trade. The red fern leaf peony. I have d-mailed you several times...

Cathy

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

My post was removed by Terry. Here is her comments so I assume the woman is no longer at DG

I've edited your last forum thread, for two reasons:

1) her subscription has lapsed so she can't read the post; and
2) "shouting" at a fellow member and telling them that they have no morals is not in the spirit of DG or of seed and plant trading.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Marie...

Glad to see you back. I am waiting on Alstroemeria 'Felicia' and Blue Hibiscus seeds...

Kelly

New Milford, CT

Dang, wish I had read this before I sent a bunch of stuff. After years on eBay, you'd think I'd know better than to just send stuff off without checking backgrounds. Duh me. I hope at least that the plants go to some actual use and don't just sit in a box rotting in a garage somewhere.

(Zone 7a)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it...Here I go with my 2 cents AGAIN..LOL

Well this is the very reason I wrote the thread on Trading with descretion. And sometimes these topics need to be brought up in the trading forums. I see a lot going on with this particular trade.

I don't see a dishonest person or someone who intentionally wanted to do anyone wrong. I see a person who stumbled on a website and realized we were real people who actually sent things in the mail and the fun began to start. Not realizing the seriousness of the Family/Friend/Trust basis we all seem to have with each other. We all have had a few bad trades here or there..

Then when she realized she bit off more then she could chew.. she decided to try to fix it. But at this point was unorganized and didn't keep a track of what she was actually doing. And didn't realize that she was messing with real people with real feelings and good intentions. It's a Game a High! Nothing serious..

I observe! There was NO WAY I was sending any of my plants to someone with no history. I know you can't walk into a car dealership and get a brand new car with No or Bad credit!!! Same thing here..

I'm not being judgemental or trying to disrespect. Just put MY OPINION on this situation on the thread :-)

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Looks like she subscribed for another 3 months and has a new trade offer up....supicious to me.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2010 9:02 PM

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

PLEASE CONTACT ADMIN IF YOU WERE RIPPED OFF or if you ASSUME you are due a trade.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

lljjz signed up on Mar 21, 2010
Subscribed through August 11, 2010

Turner, OR

you recieved your trade right shihtzumon! I told you as soon as I get more of the fern leaf I will send it to catbirdsue until then ther is not much I can do! I have sent out over 60 trades including yours and most of which were for postage. I have sent out numerous other trades in the last week and everything should be out but if I have missed someone THEY will let me know!

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I got my trade right away and as near as I can tell it is correct and I was pleased with your plant!
Thank you.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I too got my trades and got plants for postage, was very happy with them. now I am in debt to Marie for the postage...I feel like she is making an effort to get her end of the recent trades done,, Thats not to say she hasnt made some deals that werent taken care of, or that some people aren't still owed seeds or plants..I looked thru the list posted and out of generosity thought I might could help her get caught up but I dont have any of the seeds I see posted as owed, other than papaver seeds.. I do hope this works itself out..I feel she got off to a bad start, but 'I think' her intentions are good..

That being said, Marie, if you have the seeds/plants send them, if not, simply admit you made a mistake, see if there is some other way you can make these people happy.. Most people are forgiving and will compromise if only you talk straight forward to them..I'm simply talking out loud here I dont know what she has or doesn't have, but assuming if she had them she would have sent them already.. Trish

Marie,

I'm still waiting on re-send of seeds, you haven't answered any of my d-mails.
I sent you PomPon daylies over a month ago, Didn't get the seeds of your end of trade.
Vicki

I use tradetracker and it's a great tool.

ssshe bbaack

This message was edited Jun 13, 2010 3:16 PM

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I have had nothing but good dealings with Marie. We've done several trades to date. Marie, I hope your son is getting better. You are VERY correct when you say a child's issues in NO WAY compare to those of an adult. Come on people!! How many of you are parents? My world comes to a SCREECHING halt when something is wrong with my children. All else can move on without me for the time being. Child ALWAYS comes first. Give her a break. I believe her intentions are good. ( Just my 2cents )

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

A child comes first ALWAYS. HOWEVER there are several, more than what you see posting here - who have lost trades.

NO - lljjz I DID NOT receive what I traded for which had nothing to do with a child being ill or injured. You offered a FERN LEAF peony from some 80 year old lady who was so kind as to share it - that is not what Catbirdsue got because it actually had peony leaves on it - they were basic peony. I had nothing viable on mine - no eyes, no green, nothing. So no, I did not get what I wanted NOR did I send you anything in return.

Bringing a child's illness into this is not the point. YES we ALL would put a child first before a darn plant. But if you TOOK TIME to send a root - why would you send one that wasn't what you said it was? I'm not complaining that you didn't send ME something - I'm just saying, as you asked above if I received my trade, and I am answering you. Yes I did get a root of something but it's not something that will grow - no eyes, nothing alive.

catzgalore - I'm glad you received what you wanted in trade - others are not so lucky.

I have received a few personal dmails which ADMIN can view to see that others have been taken advantage of and I'm really sorry that it's turned out this way for you. To many trades for anyone is overwhelming. That doesn't excuse the loss of postage for those who were familiar with trades and quick to get things sent out and trusted they would, in turn, get the trade they wanted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.