Double posting my teen curriculum request here

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

I wrote a curriculum for our Master Gardener initiative for children recently, and the classes started yesterday. The curriculum went over well with the children, grades 2 - 5. But we discovered about half our group were teens and I need to supplement or completely revamp the materials for them. I haven't found much online. But these families paid for this course and I'm determined that they get their money's worth.

I need recommended resources, online lesson plans, ideas....I need it it all! By next Tuesday! LOL! Sustainable gardening, general garden science, etc.

I had an idea to do a book study with them, and of course they will be growing a teen garden, and building it from scratch (nearly, the raised beds are built but have no soil in them yet.)

Please, send me suggestions and links to online resources. Thank you!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Good Luck.
I have nothing to offer having had no children or any teaching experience.
But i wish you well in your endeavers to to educate and expand these childrens knowledge!
JUlie

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Thankyou. I have been AMAZED at what's happened. The teens are now researching and building (from scratch) 3 beds - Scent bed, Tactile bed, and Taste bed (herb garden). When they have it finished, they will be leading tours, hopefully elderly from nursing homes, and possibly children from daycares too.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow pj that is so awsome. I comend you we need more leaders or mentors like you in the world!!! Congrats. Sounds like you really have a great group of teens there. Ronna

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks! This may even be an opportunity for intergenerational gardening, if we get children and senior citizens coming together.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.