This Is The End, Beautiful Friend, The End...

Bakersfield, CA

Sigh... I'm down to the last few now and will be leaving for a few days, so here are probably my last two irises for this spring.

SKY KING RETURNS

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And here is ROYAL STERLING. I have a few more buds and my son may be able to take pictures for me if they bloom while I'm gone. Those I am still waiting for are SUBTLE ARROGANCE, CHEYENNE SKY, STANDING PROUD and SILK ROAD.

Thumbnail by Betja
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I hope he takes great ones for you. Have a safe and good trip.

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

I love all of your beautiful iris pictures, and thank you for posting them. Our SDBs blooming now, and all the TBs with buds. Hopefully too many weren't damaged by the temperatures in the 20s last week.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Betja, there's always the rebloom!!!

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

The Spring 2010 TB season ends tomorrow with the last Beverly Sills bloom. Last to be planted, it is the last to bloom. We have had an unusual rainy spring and if this continues into the summer, I wonder if it will trigger some re-bloomers. I have seen Low Ho Silver bloom in 95* in the sun in July before and I can always hope it does it again. ;-))
Peg

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I know how you feel Betja, since we are in the same zone. My Irises are done and roses are ready for first fertilizer after bloom and deadheading. But now my peonies are blooming, and Day lilies start next week and after that Hardy Hibiscus and after that we go to San Diego for two weeks with all the children and grandchildren because it is too hot for plant or humans in Las Vegas. Then end of August I start winter Vegetables and getting ready for spring. Just another year, same game. But I would not have it any other way.

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Geez, we will all miss your fabulous Iris blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.